Coppi Fignon Pantani and recreational drugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I seem to recall an olympic snowboarder testing positive for cannabis but it not being regarded as "performance enhancing". :laugh:

ETA: Ross Rebagliati
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Rebagliati

My question would be: if THC was not a banned substance, what were they doing testing for it? (Or more specifically, reporting that they had found it?)

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I think that one of his defenses was " you can't be a boarder without being a stoner".

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
A friend of mine used to light one up before every game of football - semi professional too - said it made him feel as though he were walking on water (this was having been rejected for professional terms by many, many clubs, so it didn't ruin his chances of progression). Perhaps the boarders were testig for mescaline?!?! Takes you to another dimension. Not sure about a pre bke ride thing though. I'd have been too busy munching on cookies and trying to rid myself of cotton mouth to ride straight.

clf

I watched a documentary on Pantani last night, interesting and sad. It suggested he was somewhat stitched up, leading to his disqualification from the tdf, resulting in depression and subsequent recreational drug use. This disqualification came around the same time as that tw@t Armstrong started dominating the sport.

Top Bottom