Cordless electric lawn mowers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The biggest advantage with the Makita cordless range is that you can use the same battery/batteries for all the tools. We quite like the Makita but don't have the lawn mower as I don't think it would work very well on nearly 6 acres of rough land/field. :laugh:

Blimey, I didn't have you down as a country squire.

You need to sell the grass to one of the little people for hay or silage, on condition they cut and gather it.

If you already have a system battery tool, stick with that system.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
The biggest advantage with the Makita cordless range is that you can use the same battery/batteries for all the tools. We quite like the Makita but don't have the lawn mower as I don't think it would work very well on nearly 6 acres of rough land/field. :laugh:

Shouldn't you ask the Mods to change your User Name to "Lady Welsh Dragon" ? (doffs cap and walks backwards from room) :rolleyes:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Very true, where are my manners? I should have said "touches forelock, while shuffling, on my knees, backwards from room" ;)

One small problem, at 73, my knees may not be unto shuffling, forwards, or, backwards! :rolleyes:

That's more like it. Now all i have to do is to get Mr WD to do the same thing when he asks for permission to leave the room.:laugh:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Some models have a spacer in the slot that the height of cut lever slides in, this can be removed for a lower cut if its still in place. Worth checking, although after 10 years you would likely have spotted it :laugh: Realistically though if you want a wimbledon-like lawn you need a cylinder mower, not a rotary :okay: I used to work on the old Atco machines back when we still owned the brand, they were awesome bits of kit :becool:

I don't think mine has a spacer, but it's no problem given the sorry excuse for a lawn outside the caravan.

If anything, I leave it too long so have to do a cut a couple of clicks up.

As regards spares, Bosch said spares would be available for their ebike motor for at least seven years after it ceased to be fitted as original equipment.

Sounded fair to me, although time soon passes.

My venerable 2010 Bosch motor is still going strong, but it was withdrawn and replaced with an updated design in 2014, which means spares for it may become scarce in the next year or two.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Some models have a spacer in the slot that the height of cut lever slides in, this can be removed for a lower cut if its still in place. Worth checking, although after 10 years you would likely have spotted it :laugh: Realistically though if you want a wimbledon-like lawn you need a cylinder mower, not a rotary :okay: I used to work on the old Atco machines back when we still owned the brand, they were awesome bits of kit :becool:
I had a great cylinder mower with a roller on the back. It was a heavy piece of kit but did a lovely job. Nice stripes AND it would cut right up to the edges.
I had it till someone** robbed us. He got caught and went down for it but I never got the mower back.
**it was our window cleaner. We always made him a cup of tea. We didn't know he was hooked on drugs.......he is on streets now, in rags and begging.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I don't think mine has a spacer, but it's no problem given the sorry excuse for a lawn outside the caravan.

If anything, I leave it too long so have to do a cut a couple of clicks up.

As regards spares, Bosch said spares would be available for their ebike motor for at least seven years after it ceased to be fitted as original equipment.

Sounded fair to me, although time soon passes.

My venerable 2010 Bosch motor is still going strong, but it was withdrawn and replaced with an updated design in 2014, which means spares for it may become scarce in the next year or two.

In my experience we say 7 years but try and achieve longer coverage wherever possible. Ebike is a fast growing business so they'll likely want to keep spares for longer.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Very true, where are my manners? I should have said "touches forelock, while shuffling, on my knees, backwards from room" ;)

One small problem, at 73, my knees may not be unto shuffling, forwards, or, backwards! :rolleyes:
73 ????
You old fart!!!

Oh hang about. I am 74 now :wacko:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Never mind about your squabbling, I want to know more about Lady Welshie, I didn't know we were consorting with landed gentry on here, I wonder if her bloomers are made by the Queens foundation garment manufacturers?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Never mind about your squabbling, I want to know more about Lady Welshie, I didn't know we were consorting with landed gentry on here, I wonder if her bloomers are made by the Queens foundation garment manufacturers?

As a peasant, I may be mistaken, but, I think a Ladies Bloomers are commissioned, not simply "manufactured" :rolleyes:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I can answer that as I still have pair she left at her last visit.
They are classy but made by Bridgecraft the furniture manufacturer. The ones she left here are nice but she has some better, fleecey lined ones.
The ones she left could do with a wash but our machine only takes 8 Kg.

Top Bottom