Cordless Lawnmowers?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Another Bosch Rotak. About five years old, still on original battery, and, still going strong. Very please with it. Also have Bosch cordless hedge trimmers, again, excellent.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I have a corded Bosch Rotak 34. It's Chinese shite, so flimsy that it only just about works. They didn't slash the price when they offshored it, did they?

They get pretty good reviews :okay: Good mower for the price point, only the low price stuff gets made in Asia to maintain competitive pricing. We maintained production in the UK as long as we could, but market pressures driven by consumer habits always prevail. As you'd expect, the quality improves as the price increases, but we have to maintain a certain level to protect the Bosch brand which tends to be higher than the competition :laugh:

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
I bought an Einhell from Wickes and it’s pretty good for the price I paid. The 3aH battery it came with lasts about 40 minutes, which is just about enough for a quick whizz around, but I did have to buy a second battery for when I’m being a bit more careful and taking my time.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
It's hard work choosing a lawnmower!.

Just when you think you've found a good one you read a rubbish review or 10..

Leaning towards the Gtech CLM2 still but still looking.

A lot use 2 batteries which just sounds like a ballache really.

JhnBssll

Veteran
It's hard work choosing a lawnmower!.

Just when you think you've found a good one you read a rubbish review or 10..

Leaning towards the Gtech CLM2 still but still looking.

A lot use 2 batteries which just sounds like a ballache really.

I would steer clear of the dual battery variants. The electronics have to maintain cell balance during discharge, which means the machine will always run to the performance of the worst or least charged battery. Unless you have two identical batteries, performance will always be worse than an equivalent voltage single battery machine.

The Gtech's are pretty good machines for the money :okay:

Zanelad

Guru
We have a Worx rechargeable mower. Very pleased with it. Well made and stands up to use well. Charges in a couple of hours from flat and i can cut the lawns front and back 4 times on a charge. The handbokk says it should manage 4 tennis courts worth from a charge. The best thing is that it manages wet grass very well. The Hayter it replaced, while being a cracking bit of kit simply wouldn't pick up wet grass..

reckon it would manage

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Proud owner of a £60 mower from B&Q thats been working for about 6 years and I must say its an awesome bit of kit. It has a motor connected to a blade and it makes my grass shorter. It also has four wheels making it easy to push back and forth and if thats not enough it collects the cut grass in a plastic tub for ease of disposal. Wonderful stuff!

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Our Flymo's done 14 years, unfortunately the new ones aren't built the best or I'd have another (cordless).

Bit the bullet before work this moning and ordered the Gtech 2.0, 48v 1 hour charge, Intelligent blade speed control etc.

It was between that and the Bosch in the end, found a voucher online that brought the Gtech down to £300 with next day delivery so went for it.

Sick of reading about lawnmowers now..

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Our Flymo's done 14 years, unfortunately the new ones aren't built the best or I'd have another (cordless).

Bit the bullet before work this moning and ordered the Gtech 2.0, 48v 1 hour charge, Intelligent blade speed control etc.

It was between that and the Bosch in the end, found a voucher online that brought the Gtech down to £300 with next day delivery so went for it.

Sick of reading about lawnmowers now..
Now there's a coincidence! A (properly addressed) leaflet came in the post about the same time as you posted that, inviting me to buy one for £299.99 with free delivery. Not tempted, as our corded Bosch is still working well, but if anyone else is interested, visit gtech.co.uk/TL82.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
This was mine, they were also doing 20% off.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Well the 'mower has been out 3 times and so far so good, very impressed with it!.

I've bit the bullet and ordered their Cordless Hedge Trimmer 3.0 this morning!.

If it saves dragging the steps and extension lead out to do our front hedge then it's money well spent!.

Top Bottom