Core Memories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Crikey. I know England has its faults, but...really?

If you've ever gone for a nice bike ride and been subject to all manner of crap driving by a few individuals, it can leave a person with a particular dislike for all motorists for a while.
Same kinda thing.
Funny thing is, I was born in England to Irish parents who took me back to Ireland when I was only a couple months old, so when some nobber tells me to go back to my own country, erm! :laugh:

Mrs M

Guru
Being in my pram outside the butchers, I had a yellow balloon and let it go, watched as it disappeared.
Sitting on a yellow sausage balloon and getting a huge fright when it burst (was 3 at the time).
Lots of others too private/sad to mention.
Happier times, the day (2nd date) I knew Mr M was going to be my hubby :wub:
When I finally realised I’m happy and comfortable to be me and no need to try to please or impress anybody :thumbsup:

gbb

Legendary Member
My first day at junior school, I can still clearly see the fireplace I was stood next to and the teacher trying to comfort me.
Many scenes from my childhood, playing somewhere near RAF Hemswell, there were some concrete pads where buildings had been and they'd filled with water...we used to catch newts there.
Walking to Cherry Willingham school , knee deep In snow
My mates mothers screams when the police told her her 8 year old son had drowned...that has stuck with me for 45 years.
My dad appearing at the doorstep when he came back from Rhodesia, to me as a less than 10 year old....he looked so different to when he left, hed spent a year in the sun, so deeply deeply tanned.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
My first day in infant school I was taken into the classroom and was introduced to a boy named Stephen. We played together.
I’m still friends with him now. In fact, I sent him a message about half an hour ago. We still go out to play sometimes..... it can get messy.

The Ceiriog Valley. My holiday destination until my late teens. It’s given me a lot of knowledge and a life long love of the natural world.

As others have said, I could ramble on.....

I try not to think about school much. Being bullied does that to you. But one memory that will always stay with me is finding out (on the car radio) that Paul Warwick had been killed in a crash at Oulton Park. I was at Girton Interchange on the A14 at the time, dad was driving, I was only 16, and dad was singularly unsympathetic as he hated motor racing. I still have to drive through there on a fairly regular basis, and it still makes me feel sick when I do.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Earliest memory is nursery and being told to go to sleep on a fold out bed after lunch.
A memory which has had a lasting impression is my Mum cleaning; in particular as a child my bedroom. If something wasn't tidy enough for her liking, sometimes all hell used to break loose. Suffice to say the sound of a vacuum cleaner triggers some bad reactions I have to consciously override by one means or another, if necessary by using ear defenders.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Sitting on the backseat of my Dad's car, driving up the street on which i grew up. The road was still hardcore as the tarmac had yet to be laid, and most of the houses beyond ours were still being built. I'll have been three or four years old. That image sticks in my head as my earliest memory.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Getting bought a pint by the local undertaker, having been travelled in the rear of his vehicle to hospital earlier that morning, from the cathedral. It was a first for him.
That's funny. Last time you told that story (it's appeared a few times) he visited you in hospital a couple of days later. Perhaps your memory isn't as good as you thought it was?
Having been carried out of Midnight Mass by the local undertaker and his staff. His vehicle used in place of an ambulance to get me to hospital. He'd a first on St. Stephens Day. Visiting his "passenger" from the day before.

(For those less familiar with the Christian calendar, St Stephen's day is also known as Boxing Day.)

Rocky

Hello decadence
That's funny. Last time you told that story (it's appeared a few times) he visited you in hospital a couple of days later. Perhaps your memory isn't as good as you thought it was?

(For those less familiar with the Christian calendar, St Stephen's day is also known as Boxing Day.)
Perhaps it happened twice.

classic33

Leg End Member

Where do I use the word hospital, other than in being taken there, via a local doctors.

Edited to add
I'm a frequent visitor to A&E's due to epilepsy.

Top Bottom