Core Memories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Did you get any pictures ?
No. It was long before GoPros.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have a really strong memory of deliberately leaning over the edge of a bridge on the Manchester to Sheffield railway line just as a steam train was passing underneath and getting a face full of smoke and steam. If I'm half awake and think about it, I can still taste the smoke and smell the coals, and hear my mother telling me not to be so silly. I must have been 4 or 5 at the time. Although I'm technically old enough to have done this it has to be a fake, but very persistent and real, memory.

I once stood in a field and waved to the Beetles as they went past in a steam train according to my mum .

Milkfloat

An Peanut
When I was little the Nolan Sisters came for dinner. I think I remember it as I can picture where we sat around the diner table, but it could just me putting together a later memory of the dining room layout, the fact that the Nolans did come for dinner and that I have seen pictures of what they looked like.

pjd57

Veteran
Watching boats climb up the locks on the Forth and Clyde canal to reach its highest point at Maryhill rd.
Probably when I was 4.
The canal closed not long after this.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
When I was little the Nolan Sisters came for dinner. I think I remember it as I can picture where we sat around the diner table, but it could just me putting together a later memory of the dining room layout, the fact that the Nolans did come for dinner and that I have seen pictures of what they looked like.

My sister invited "Racy" to the only house party she had at home

Top Bottom