Core Stength

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ravenz

montage said:
cheers jimboalee - I now have a nasty graze(well...nasty may be an exaggeration..) up my left arm.....tried the fingertip technique and didn't see a tiny pothole

..what a pair of idiots .. 1 for suggesting it and t'other for doing it;)

jimboalee

Try this one then RavenZ.

Find a hill of about 8% gradient and about 12 miles long.
Cycle steady up it for twenty minutes ir so.
After 20 minutes, reach down and grab your bidon, take a swig.
Replace your bidon and then go hunting in a back pocket for a pack of energy gel. Open the pack ( two hands required ) and gulp down the contents.
Put the empty pack in your back pocket.
Take another swig from your bidon.

Remember - this is while climbing an 8%.
A light touch is all that's needed, except some cyclists haven't got control. :ohmy:

Ravenz

jimboalee said:
Try this one then RavenZ.

Find a hill of about 8% gradient and about 12 miles long.
Cycle steady up it for twenty minutes ir so.
After 20 minutes, reach down and grab your bidon, take a swig.
Replace your bidon and then go hunting in a back pocket for a pack of energy gel. Open the pack ( two hands required ) and gulp down the contents.
Put the empty pack in your back pocket.
Take another swig from your bidon.

Remember - this is while climbing an 8%.
A light touch is all that's needed, except some cyclists haven't got control. :biggrin:

You drink coke on a ride so your party trick is to use a bottle opener as well :smile:

and you say it yourself .. a light touch c'ept many on here won't have that ability.. me included.. I always fight my gel sachets with tooth and claw ..
and you can always see the video evidence in the back of a police car should one be so unfortunate as to demonstrate lack of full control on a public highway and be nabbed...

Top Bottom