Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don't exactly know those who had the 'party',but i know of them and i presume they know of me. No one else was in the small park,apart from me and them. They'd probably suss it was me,if the police had a word with them. Seriously though,imagine phoning 101 and saying 'Some adults are drinking and not social distancing' blah blah. For starters,no one answers 101 calls and secondly i'd be thinking to myself 'Have you got feck all else to do?! You'll get paid back somewhere along the line for that'!!

There was a group of 6 adults getting 'piddled' stood in the corner of our local shopping precinct last night (pharmacy visit for me). TBH, they didn't look the most healthy of people, so if they want to run the risk of the virus then so be it, so long as they don't come near me.

The mini virus spreaders will result in a second wave, and longer time without being able to see nana and grandad. Leave the schools shut until September.
I've been looking at possible options from a Universities UK (UUK) Paper and it's going next to impossible for us to go back to offices safely, never mind class rooms. In a 2 x 6 bank of desks, you could get 4 people at a desk at a safe distance. In a 4 bank, just 1 person. so offices, at best will only be a 3rd full, possibly just a quarter. It's a similar situation in a classroom. 1 in, 1 out for most toilet's at work. Knock and shout 'anyone in' before entering.

The big problem is defining "safely". It may well be that for a very long time there is no absolute level of "safely" and we have to decide as individuals and society what is an acceptable level of risk that we have to live with.

I worry about any government, of any hue, putting restrictions on certain groups for "their own safety". As an older person I can read the infection/mortality statistics and am prepared to take a level of additional risk to balance doing the things I enjoy with looking after my own health. I do that every day when I get on my bike for a ride or cross a busy road on foot when there are no pedestrian crossings, or occasionally climb a ladder to paint the eaves.

Don't get me wrong, I will stick to the lockdown rules, even though I may not like them, because we have to put our faith in the government acting on the advice of scientific "experts", but I am not sure that any further restrictions based on age alone are as much for the protection of that group as for the rationing of NHS resources.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
There was a group of 6 adults getting 'piddled' stood in the corner of our local shopping precinct last night (pharmacy visit for me). TBH, they didn't look the most healthy of people, so if they want to run the risk of the virus then so be it, so long as they don't come near me.

There's a lot that seem to no longer care and are mixing whatever. My view is that if they catch it it's their own fault; there's been countless warnings and information. If they want to be stupid, fine. SWMBO will treat them if they're ill.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was out today, and there were large groups, certainly not bothering with 'guidelines' TBH, I don't want to give a virus to my parents' so I'm staying away - I'll call them, same with the rest of my family - we drop stuff off on the door step, and are a garden away if we do go round, even on my BIL's 60th a couple of weeks ago.

alicat

Legendary Member
^^^^^ Yes, good on you for caring and doing something about it.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Reading the above confirms my view that I need to be more careful now that other people are relaxing. I think we are heading for a second wave, and with a population that won't be on for a second shutdown I'llneed to protect myself.

I know just how fortunate I am having a lovely partner, garden and bikes, and understand how I might be feeling if I was stuck indoors.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I agree. My Auntie Joy died of covid-19 this week, she was in a care home. Yes I'm angry and frustrated but I'm still going to the beach next week. Been careful of course. Life has to go on, we can't wait 10 years for a vaccine. Outbreaks have happened in this world for thousands of years. Funny how in 2020 ethics come before the world's greed. Why now?
Hope you have a strong bladder as there will be no toilets open:wacko:.

Reactions: C R

Dave7

Legendary Member
There's a lot that seem to no longer care and are mixing whatever. My view is that if they catch it it's their own fault; there's been countless warnings and information. If they want to be stupid, fine. SWMBO will treat them if they're ill.
I am with you re "if they catch it it's their own fault" but its who else the selfish beggars pass it on to that I get angry about.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I was out today, and there were large groups, certainly not bothering with 'guidelines' TBH, I don't want to give a virus to my parents' so I'm staying away - I'll call them, same with the rest of my family - we drop stuff off on the door step, and are a garden away if we do go round, even on my BIL's 60th a couple of weeks ago.
60th ehh.
A mere nipper then ^_^

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Where do you stand if your boss says come back to work please and you don't want to because there's full Furlough until August?
How's it fair schools been closed but everyone is back at work? If everyone is back at work then schools should be back too. They're just crapping themselves with all the unknown & red tape. In the long run this will cause more damage.
Just been reading this...

Britons do not want to go back into work because they fear the lockdown is being eased too quickly – and they enjoy being at home, a poll revealed last night.

The survey was a setback for Boris Johnson, illustrating the uphill task he faces to bring the nation’s moribund economy back to life quickly.

It showed that on average people have more money in their pockets than when the lockdown started – with public-sector workers gaining the most.

Millions of voters are putting their feet up at home – and an astonishing four in ten have put on weight, particularly worrying following clear evidence of a link between obesity and coronavirus.

We knew this furlough thing would be seen as a paid for holiday,especially by the pampered public sector! Didn't the chancellor think that offering a generous 80% of wages would be easily manageable to most,meaning they've learnt to live comfortably off it and now see it as a way of life. I bet those gawp at their phone for hours,then maybe push a mop around for a while, 20's/30's year old staff at the council run gym i attend are loving it! No doubt they'll be one of the last places to open,yet it's supposed to be a local amenity paid for by us community charge payers.

Then we have the rise in obesity! We've been told for weeks now that obesity is responsible for many of the virus deaths,yet what have they been doing,contrary to this image that everybody couldn't wait for lockdown restrictions to be lifted,so they could exercise like billyo! They've been gorging themselves on take-aways!

So now it seems that they've developed a phobia about going back to work and then catching the virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...use-to-return-over-risk-to-health-union-warns

This is why i can't see schools opening again till after their long summer holidays!:thumbsdown:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Just been reading this...

Britons do not want to go back into work because they fear the lockdown is being eased too quickly – and they enjoy being at home, a poll revealed last night.

The survey was a setback for Boris Johnson, illustrating the uphill task he faces to bring the nation’s moribund economy back to life quickly.

It showed that on average people have more money in their pockets than when the lockdown started – with public-sector workers gaining the most.

Millions of voters are putting their feet up at home – and an astonishing four in ten have put on weight, particularly worrying following clear evidence of a link between obesity and coronavirus.

We knew this furlough thing would be seen as a paid for holiday,especially by the pampered public sector! Didn't the chancellor think that offering a generous 80% of wages would be easily manageable to most,meaning they've learnt to live comfortably off it and now see it as a way of life. I bet those gawp at their phone for hours,then maybe push a mop around for a while, 20's/30's year old staff at the council run gym i attend are loving it! No doubt they'll be one of the last places to open,yet it's supposed to be a local amenity paid for by us community charge payers.

Then we have the rise in obesity! We've been told for weeks now that obesity is responsible for many of the virus deaths,yet what have they been doing,contrary to this image that everybody couldn't wait for lockdown restrictions to be lifted,so they could exercise like billyo! They've been gorging themselves on take-aways!

So now it seems that they've developed a phobia about going back to work and then catching the virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...use-to-return-over-risk-to-health-union-warns

This is why i can't see schools opening again till after their long summer holidays!:thumbsdown:
Daily Mail, in case anybody's wondering.

Top Bottom