Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Where do you stand if your boss says come back to work please and you don't want to because there's full Furlough until August?
How's it fair schools been closed but everyone is back at work? If everyone is back at work then schools should be back too. They're just crapping themselves with all the unknown & red tape. In the long run this will cause more damage.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Can't think why :rolleyes:
Because i don't have a pan and large spoon and i'm not into 'look at me' stuff.:smile:

Seriously though,this 'lockdown' is now being seen as a holiday to many. The other day up my local park there was a group of i'd say 15 adults in their 30's to 40's and their children. It was a very nice day,so they decided to get the tins out. After an hour or so it was like being in Benidorm! Yes,i can understand them taking advantage of a 'free holiday' and it probably won't happen again in their working life,but all this accruing (or is it accrued?:scratch:) debt is crazy!!

vickster

Legendary Member
Because i don't have a pan and large spoon and i'm not into 'look at me' stuff.:smile:

Seriously though,this 'lockdown' is now being seen as a holiday to many. The other day up my local park there was a group of i'd say 15 adults in their 30's to 40's and their children. It was a very nice day,so they decided to get the tins out. After an hour or so it was like being in Benidorm! Yes,i can understand them taking advantage of a 'free holiday' and it probably won't happen again in their working life,but all this accruing (or is it accrued?:scratch:) debt is crazy!!
Did you report to the police?

Milzy

Guru

I agree. My Auntie Joy died of covid-19 this week, she was in a care home. Yes I'm angry and frustrated but I'm still going to the beach next week. Been careful of course. Life has to go on, we can't wait 10 years for a vaccine. Outbreaks have happened in this world for thousands of years. Funny how in 2020 ethics come before the world's greed. Why now?

tom73

Guru
Who's fault is that ? The official message and advice is all over the place with no joined up thinking. With many in government and the media still not understanding that they are no longer in control the virus is. Public health is complex it won't lead itself to sound bites, if's ,but's, we advice or we recommend.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Life has to go on, we can't wait 10 years for a vaccine.
Yes it has to! The other day a neighbour,when i said to him i can't wait for the shops and pubs to open,said " You seriously are not going to go in a pub are you"?!! Why not,i replied. "because people will die in them if they re-open"! he replied.:rolleyes: More or less everything we do in our lives involves a risk. Ok,i'm going to talk about me now. I read the other day that those who live alone have a 50% higher chance of serious illness,due to lack of human interaction,especially with this lockdown in place. I'm certainly prepared to take a chance! I think i've more chance of ending up brown bread stuck in my flat,than i have of catching the virus in my local pub!:cheers:

dodgy

No i didn't. I don't think it was a police matter. They weren't that bad,just noisy and stuff. Yes,i know it's illegal(i think?),but i'm not into 'telling tales'.

From your frequent posts on here you appear to live somewhere could politely be described as 'a bit rough''. 'Telling tales'? Are you 6?
Your area will never improve if this is the mindset of the adults who live there.

tom73

Guru
Or put it another way if someone said I can give you the power to kill others slowly and in pain. You can't pick who and you will never know it may even be some one you love or care about, a mate , a friend or someone who others really need to live.
Would you take it ?

Reactions: C R

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
'Telling tales'? Are you 6?
I don't exactly know those who had the 'party',but i know of them and i presume they know of me. No one else was in the small park,apart from me and them. They'd probably suss it was me,if the police had a word with them. Seriously though,imagine phoning 101 and saying 'Some adults are drinking and not social distancing' blah blah. For starters,no one answers 101 calls and secondly i'd be thinking to myself 'Have you got feck all else to do?! You'll get paid back somewhere along the line for that'!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Come on,it's time to send them back now! These 'children' are up to no good now that boredom has set in. Anti-social behaviour is on the rise and they certainly aren't 'social distancing',as i see youths down to infant school children in large groups,either with or without parents.
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....irus-guidelines-gather-east-lancs-lake-party/
The teachers have had their nice long holiday. It's only about 6 weeks before the summer holidays begin. Then we'll have another 6 weeks of them to put up with!:thumbsdown:

Really ?

The mini virus spreaders will result in a second wave, and longer time without being able to see nana and grandad. Leave the schools shut until September.

I've been looking at possible options from a Universities UK (UUK) Paper and it's going next to impossible for us to go back to offices safely, never mind class rooms. In a 2 x 6 bank of desks, you could get 4 people at a desk at a safe distance. In a 4 bank, just 1 person. so offices, at best will only be a 3rd full, possibly just a quarter. It's a similar situation in a classroom. 1 in, 1 out for most toilet's at work. Knock and shout 'anyone in' before entering.

Top Bottom