Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My son had a cold on Thursday, so his mum kept him off school on Friday. No cough or temperature. School were happy to have him back today. I've now got a sore throat so I've probbaly caught a cold of my son, but again no Covid symptoms. I'm still working from home anyway so I don't have to go into work. By all accounts, colds are doing the rounds again now but I guess it's inevitable with kids being home for so long and suddenly mixing with 30 kids again.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well the fun has started. Nursing student tested positive so thats her bubble and two staff who have to self isolate. Head of Department trying to find teaching cover. Staff can work from home, but face to face teaching is needed.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Entire year groups being sent home from local schools with positive cases in the year.

Also entire year group of any sibling of a positive case.

Is this the same everywhere? If so, there's no viable way to run schools, surely, given the current prevalence?

C R

Guru
Mingle mingle little star, what a prat Pritti you are.

Worth a re-listen to hear her on R4 Today making an utter fool of herself.
Well, I'm no fan of hers, but this is slightly better than her usual gormless self, the whole rule of six is a dogs dinner, and there's not much that can be said about it without sounding like an idiot.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went to the local covid testing centre today. It's only a 5 minute walk away,so i can't complain about them being too far away,unlike for some. It was very hot and on arrival i was told i'd be queuing for about 90 minutes to get the test done. I thought about it,but decided not to bother after hearing some person shout out as they passed "The government want your DNA,it's as simple as that"! I was also told by the woman next to me that the test is very unpleasant,involving swabs being rammed up to the hilt up your nose. I decided not to bother and walked away.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I went to the local covid testing centre today. It's only a 5 minute walk away,so i can't complain about them being too far away,unlike for some. It was very hot and on arrival i was told i'd be queuing for about 90 minutes to get the test done. I thought about it,but decided not to bother after hearing some person shout out as they passed "The government want your DNA,it's as simple as that"! I was also told by the woman next to me that the test is very unpleasant,involving swabs being rammed up to the hilt up your nose. I decided not to bother and walked away.
Unpleasant? I do one every week, twice last week. It's a bit uncomfortable, makes your eyes water but it's OK. Honestly it's nothing too bad. The availability and the waiting time does need sorting out though, it's no good if it's putting people off.

If the government wanted your DNA, if you're young enough they already have it so I wouldn't worry.

midlife

Guru

If you have COVID symptoms you should get tested. It's not too bad as people have said. For the greater good and all that.....

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If you have COVID symptoms you should get tested. It's not too bad as people have said. For the greater good and all that.....
I don't have any symptoms though..... as far as i know. I seriously thought the test was to see if you have or have had it,not to see if you have it because you think you might have it.🤔 Surely all those in the 3 hour (according to reports) queue this morning can't all think they have or have had the virus?🤔

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I don't have any symptoms though..... as far as i know. I seriously thought the test was to see if you have or have had it,not to see if you have it because you think you might have it.🤔 Surely all those in the 3 hour (according to reports) queue this morning can't all think they have or have had the virus?🤔
I'm really not a fan of this government or the shambles that they've created, but people just wandering up to testing stations 'cos they're feeling curious isn't going to help the situation we're currently in with testing.

winjim

Smash the cistern
They don't have mine...as far as i know. Maybe they take DNA samples during operations that you obviously do not know about.🤔 I'm not a big conspiracy theorist,but would you blindly trust the authorities?🤔
I trust what happens to clinical samples as I work in a clinical lab. Most get destroyed pretty quickly after analysis but there are archives of some types of sample. I'm sure the government, if it was minded to, would be able to concoct some excuse to seize them. It hasn't yet, as far as I know.

Top Bottom