Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm not sure what the hotel industry would say about that: who pays for the disinfection afterwards?

Rooms have to be sanitised anyway as part of guidelines. And if they've got a block 4-week booking rather than nothing? We've tens of thousands of hotel rooms around the country just sat being unused. Local ones are being used to house asylum seekers near me since the hotel hasn't been able to take bookings.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Two more deaths. This time the grandparents of a work colleague.

lane

Veteran
Haven't got Covid, I don't think, but I have got a cold. How did I catch that? I have been in solitary for the past ten days.

Same here which is bit worrying. I haven't been in solitary but have had very little mixing with other people other than family. One thing I do think though - my cold symptoms came on Friday / Saturday. However I noticed may be a week before that my HR was surprisingly high when cycling although I felt OK but a bit sluggish which I put down to the cold weather. One thing that Covid has taught us is that symptoms can appear up to 14 days after infection and I imagine a cold will be the same as many are quite close related to Covid. I might have caught it before I broke up from work on the 17th.

Still if with all my precautions I can catch a cold I guess I can easily still catch covid.

That looks broadly similar. Because our health insurance is state mandated but organised largely through state owned companies, there's a possibility to pay for a test if you don't fit the criteria.

vickster

Legendary Member
That looks broadly similar. Because our health insurance is state mandated but organised largely through state owned companies, there's a possibility to pay for a test if you don't fit the criteria.
You can get private tests here too as the link.
For example through the Patient Access App if registered

Slick

Guru
I'm not sure what the hotel industry would say about that: who pays for the disinfection afterwards?
We use hotels to accommodate our apprentices and apparently if you are offering accommodation in the UK today, you must be prepared to allow every guest to isolate in their room for the full duration and ensure they are looked after at no additional cost to the normal room tariff. The hotel would need to prepare the room after for the next guest at their cost. 👍

vickster

Legendary Member
I got stopped in the street on Thursday and asked if I'd like to have a test, no questions other than those required for the test itself.
Presumably a study of some sort and you can’t wander around hoping to get asked to have a test (certainly not now)!
If suspect have Covid from the key symptoms (not a stuffy nose), isolate and get tested

Top Bottom