Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It would appear, that, so far, the approximately 300 people who have voted are far from typical of the population of the UK. Only 10% say they have had the virus, but, current infection rates are 1 in 18, ie 18%, we are told. Some poor souls must have a double dose.
Figure has remained unchanged for nearly a year now.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Good to see some lateral thinking to provide the benefits to musicians who perforce have to sit close in an orchestra.
This was shared a few days ago (though clearly for wind and brass instruments only, and some limitations noted) by the COVID-19 Actuaries Group:
1649168515627.png

It's also amazing how some people apparently prefer to remain tied to oxygen tanks or dialysis machines instead of running free over the hillsides when I'm sure they could make a different decision for themselves. And as for those people who make the choice to have appendages or even entire limbs amputated when they've been damaged by sepsis, clots, etc, well, isn't it something everyone wants to do?

What is even more amazing - bizarre even - is that someone believes they made a full recovery (from anything) because they are self-employed ...
It is as if self-employment creates some magical, Harry Potter-esque, self-healing balm or lotion, as dispensed at St Mungo's Hospital and the Sanitorium at Hogwart's ...

We have the answer to pretty much everything now... make them all self-employed, all health issues will vanish.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It would appear, that, so far, the approximately 300 people who have voted are far from typical of the population of the UK. Only 10% say they have had the virus, but, current infection rates are 1 in 18, ie 18%, we are told. Some poor souls must have a double dose.

Edit. Oops, think I have just failed my GCSE Maths cannot work out %ges! (5.5%)
Just changed mine to yes as circumstances have changed!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
How are we doing? Our local experience is folk are either simply positive or very ill, many in my retired age group are very ill and these are fit active individuals. My son shares a house with three clinically vulnerable individuals. A carer has brought Covid to the house. One client tested positive and has returned to the family home. My lad is currently negative, if he tests positive he will have to come home as isolation will mean at least five, possibly ten, days in his bedroom.

Fingers are crossed!

Landsurfer

Veteran
From Allison Pearson’s column in todays Telegraph ^_^ ;

"Nine new official symptoms of Covid-19 have just been added to the NHS website. Symptoms may or may not include the following:
  1. Sneezing in the past 10 months
  2. Possession of a cat
  3. Feeling like a week off (public sector only)
  4. A runny nose
  5. Memory loss, especially if employed by the DVLA, when you find it hard to remember the nature and place of your employment. (Perhaps because you haven’t been into the office since March 2020?)
  6. Netflix
  7. Fog. Not brain fog. Just fog. Any fog.
  8. Irritability following the ending of free Covid tests in England, thus making 3. less likely.
  9. Dry throat, splitting headache, intermittent vomiting, throbbing behind the eyes (not linked in any way to working your way through the cocktail menu in the Goat and Grapes)."

Day 9.

Mostly recovered tested negative on day 6 and 7.

Most worrying was a trip to building society on day 7 came over all dizzy thought I was going to pass out. Soon passed.

Very minor chest pains - which feel muscular tbh. And want to clear my throat and nose mainly early morning.

Anxiety about when to get back on bike. Not helped by rebuild of bike with loads new goodies set to be
delivered tomorrow !!!!!!

Reactions: C R
From Allison Pearson’s column in todays Telegraph ^_^ ;

"Nine new official symptoms of Covid-19 have just been added to the NHS website. Symptoms may or may not include the following:
  1. Sneezing in the past 10 months
  2. Possession of a cat
  3. Feeling like a week off (public sector only)
  4. A runny nose
  5. Memory loss, especially if employed by the DVLA, when you find it hard to remember the nature and place of your employment. (Perhaps because you haven’t been into the office since March 2020?)
  6. Netflix
  7. Fog. Not brain fog. Just fog. Any fog.
  8. Irritability following the ending of free Covid tests in England, thus making 3. less likely.
  9. Dry throat, splitting headache, intermittent vomiting, throbbing behind the eyes (not linked in any way to working your way through the cocktail menu in the Goat and Grapes)."
YMMV.

To me if someone says there are ill - I'm inclined to believe them.

vickster

Legendary Member
Day 9.

Mostly recovered tested negative on day 6 and 7.

Most worrying was a trip to building society on day 7 came over all dizzy thought I was going to pass out. Soon passed.

Very minor chest pains - which feel muscular tbh. And want to clear my throat and nose mainly early morning.

Anxiety about when to get back on bike. Not helped by rebuild of bike with loads new goodies set to be
delivered tomorrow !!!!!!
Ride on a calm weather day, and just plan to see how it goes, have a bail out or shorter loop planned

Reactions: C R

All uphill

Still rolling along
No harm to you but ....
I had Covid ... I was really Ill ... Hospitalised ... so ill for 3 weeks ... lost over a stone in weight .....
Then made a full recovery ...
Because I’m self employed .....
Amazing how many people that have long term effects of Covid have Corporate or Public sector employment ........
In response to your sample group of one, here's my sample of one.

Our son previously in excellent health had mild covid followed by long covid - had to sell his home, give up his private sector job and is still unwell 20 months later.

If it happened to someone close to you then casual prejudice might not seem so enjoyable.

Top Bottom