Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
Day 3, slightly wheezy, mostly bored and cutting my healthy eating regime some slack!

Sour dough loaf + hot crossless buns!
Wondering whether it's a good or bad idea to lift some weights.

Jody

Stubborn git
:hungry::hungry::hungry:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Had a rough week last week starting with a not too hard ride that knackered me on Monday. Failed on another ride attempt Thursday so tested........came out positive, still positive today :sad:.

A rough four days since then but really nothing more than a normal bout of man flu. I suspect there will be lingering tiredness but I'm off to Italy in three weeks for a bit of R & R so fingers crossed.

Never having had the flu, what’s it like?

@Ming the Merciless & @Rusty Nails I've had proper flu twice. Both times were nasty and I spent at least a week in bed, with several weeks of recovery. Swine Flu near killed me as I'm classed as 'vulnerable' and that one saw me in hospital.

That is why I used the term "man flu", which makes fun of the many people who say they have had the flu when they have just had a heavy cold.

Real flu is a different, nastier kettle of fish altogether.

Just at the tail end of the big C. To be fair, I’ve had worse colds. Only the red lines defined it.

Still tested positive this morning but
1 day feeling like I’d been kicked, 3 days desperately tired, back to bed tired. 1 day blocked up needing decongestant.

I'm sure that having three jabs has helped me to weather this much better than the early sufferers

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Never having had the flu, what’s it like?
Let's face it, the fact that it kills lots of people every winter should be a pretty good clue! :whistle:

As far as flu goes, Nietzsche definitely got it wrong... “That which does not kill us makes us stronger” - Pah! More like “That flu which does not kill us makes us pray for death” or “That flu which does not kill us makes us cry for our mummies to save us”! :eek:

If you had influenza you definitely wouldn't be on your laptop typing stuff.

You've probably just got a cold.

I never believed that kind of message until I finally caught real 'flu. My legs started buckling under me so I had to crawl to the bathroom for the regular bouts of vomiting and the squits. I had to pull the phone to me by its cord to phone in sick.

I would definitely have passed the 'unable to take advantage of free bag of banknotes on doorstep' test!

It forever stopped me calling colds 'flu'! :laugh:

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Mrs B and I tested +ve. She last Friday, me after a bike ride on Sunday morning. Which has pi**ed both of us off, as indoor in public spaces or travelling, we have continued to wear masks. It has also wrecked in part my youngest daughter's 21st birthday and is likely to wreck, wholly or in part, a celebration meal we have booked for Saturday.
Mrs B had very painful leg muscles, but is very tired. Me, it's gone for my throat and right kidney. Not had a throat like this for many years, when it was touch and go if, as an adult, I would have a tonsillectomy. If it was not for the test, I would have suspected a kidney stone about to go walkabout in my kidney. Even watering the vegetables makes me knackered.
Mrs B is noticably better this evening, but is still tired and is hoping for a -ve test tomorrow.🤞
Edit: Temperature also all over the .place. At one time on Tuesday I could feel I was going colder. Within 10 mins I was shaking so much with cold that I couldn't hold the warm drink I had made to warm myself up. Ended up fully clothed wrapped in a winter duvet

Last edited:
Top Bottom