Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No. What do YOU think?

If I get the tell tale signs of Rona, I'll be testing for the sake of others and isolating if I need to. For however long it takes.

What's your problem?

I haven't ever had the need to test so haven't taken one, if I thought I had Covid I would do a test but if well enough to work I would (we worked all through anyway) these are the guidelines now I believe?

Now, what is 'however long it takes ' in real terms to you?

Jody

Stubborn git
Rona?

When did that happen? 🙂

It's a new variant.

Jody

Stubborn git
What's your problem?

I haven't ever had the need to test so haven't taken one, if I thought I had Covid I would do a test but if well enough to work I would (we worked all through anyway) these are the guidelines now I believe?

You have my position. I don't need to clarify any further.

I’ll continue to test if my company requests it before I go to the office. Or if I have symptoms - especially if I’m due to see elderly parents, vulnerable friends or have a medical appointment for example

What happens when companies revert to Ssp only rather than full pay, or you hit a 'trigger ' for having too many instances of sick?

vickster

Legendary Member
What happens when companies revert to Ssp only rather than full pay, or you hit a 'trigger ' for having too many instances of sick?

My company doesn’t expect people to work when they are sick, however I would work from home if well enough to work but have a positive test. That’s the current policy :okay: I’m pretty much home based anyhow. I had Covid in October, 3 days off sick (although I did monitor email, joined a couple of key calls, I spent 10 days in isolation as required at that time)

I can’t speak for others/other employers

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
When, I wonder, will we stop letting Covid 'ruin our plans'?

As already stated if you had it bad enough to knock you off your feet then clearly you'll be stopping in, if however the symptoms are simply cold like would we all be having a week off work and not going out just because some stick has a red line on it?

I've been fortunate to have had neither Flu or Covid, I assume anyway, so just find it all a bit over the top myself. (the testing).

I very much dislike the new "do what you like" rules.
I have covid at the moment. I may be testing negative by Monday when school returns but if not and I go to work, I'm risking infecting others. If i stay off, I'm dumping on my colleagues. Either way, it's me who gets to feel guilty.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
You haven't got an opinion on what I've asked either then?
I thought I had expressed it in my reply? But if you want it expressed less subtly, IMO the person who sees the double redline on a testing stick and carries on as normal is a selfish tw@t.
But then, as you have never done a test, it suggests to me that either you are in a position where you don't meet vulnerable people, or you don't take societal responsibility seriously.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
A few Christmases ago I had something that I think was flu. It was nothing at all like a cold, not snotty, not sore throat. Definitely not a bad cold. It was pretty horrible (weakness, weariness, joint pain, muscle, pain temperature all over the place, profuse sweating) and I was laid up for a few days but it was nowhere near as bad as some people up thread are making out. I could definitely have got downstairs for a bag of banknotes. It would have taken a long time but it would have been doable. But in practice I would have just got my wife to go and get it.

Reactions: mjr

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
. I may be testing negative by Monday when school returns but if not and I go to work, I'm risking infecting others. If i stay off, I'm dumping on my colleagues.

Being off when you are sick is not dumping on your colleagues. It’s this kind of thinking that sees sick colleagues come in and fark everybody else off by passing on whatever they are infected with. It’s not noble or clever to go into work when sick.

classic33

Leg End Member

As already stated if you had it bad enough to knock you off your feet then clearly you'll be stopping in, if however the symptoms are simply cold like would we all be having a week off work and not going out just because some stick has a red line on it?

I've been fortunate to have had neither Flu or Covid, I assume anyway, so just find it all a bit over the top myself. (the testing).
I've had more than covid/C-19 ruining my plans for more than 50 years.* This is just another "blip" for me. It's odd in a way, you say that the testing is a bit over the top. To me tests were and are just a case of returning a number within a certain range, not a thin red line. Maybe this is where we really differ. Tests are already a way of life for me, to you they're something new, best avoided.

I've had neither flu nor covid, just like yourself. And if I had a cold, I got on with living. Always aware of the fact that people don't like being coughed or sneezed upon. Something many seem to be forgetting at present.

Maybe if the last two years has shown us anything, its that there's some who couldn't cope with being told they can't do something they took for granted. There's also a minority that don't appear to have any concerns about anyone but themselves. Once again, that's coming to the fore. Coughing, sneezing, spitting where and when they want.

*I realised, long ago, that I'm not alone in this, and that there are others in much worse positions than me.

classic33

Leg End Member
What's your problem?

You've never been in the position of testing to try and protect others, from something you may have had at the time?

Reactions: C R
Still avoiding it. Pal had it a month ago and now 2 weeks of being clear - she's gone from being a fit and active person - thought nothing of 10 mile walks - to not having the energy to walk the dog. So even if she recovers soon - it would be a month off exercise. I'll stick with the mask inside busy places thanks.

Still avoiding it. Pal had it a month ago and now 2 weeks of being clear - she's gone from being a fit and active person - thought nothing of 10 mile walks - to not having the energy to walk the dog. So even if she recovers soon - it would be a month off exercise. I'll stick with the mask inside busy places thanks.

Which type of mask do you wear? I ask because most (at best) protect others from you, but very few protect you from others.

Julia9054

Guru
Being off when you are sick is not dumping on your colleagues. It’s this kind of thinking that sees sick colleagues come in and fark everybody else off by passing on whatever they are infected with. It’s not noble or clever to go into work when sick.

I'm not really sick though - currently on day 4 and if it doesn't get any worse than this, I will have escaped very lightly.

Define “knock you off your feet”.

I’ve had symptoms of a very heavy cold, described in my earlier posts, but I managed to stay on my feet. Luckily very few illnesses have ever actually “knocked me off my feet”. Not ready yet to ride my bike and still testing positive today, so will not be going out in company because I do not want to risk passing it on to others, some who might get hit by it worse than I was. Minor inconvenience to me but probably better than passing it on.

Top Bottom