Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
No harm to you but ....
I had Covid ... I was really Ill ... Hospitalised ... so ill for 3 weeks ... lost over a stone in weight .....
Then made a full recovery ...
Because I’m self employed .....
Amazing how many people that have long term effects of Covid have Corporate or Public sector employment ........
You’ll have figures to prove that statement of course?
Thought not. Just prejudice then.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Amazing how many people that have long term effects of Covid have Corporate or Public sector employment ........
You’ll have figures to prove that statement of course? Thought not. Just prejudice then.
Not sure this is a useful discussion, but I went looking for 'figures' - data here (but none to support the poster's "amazement").
Prevalenceofongoingsymptomsfollowingcoronaviruscovid19infectionintheuk/3march2022
"(UK) prevalence of self-reported long COVID was greatest in people aged 35 to 49 years, females, people living in more deprived areas, those working in teaching and education, social care or health care (likely reflecting increased exposure to COVID-19 infection in these sectors)"

Reactions: C R

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No harm to you but ....
I had Covid ... I was really Ill ... Hospitalised ... so ill for 3 weeks ... lost over a stone in weight .....

Funny that, got a mate whose been suffering about 16 months with it and is still on Qxygen. He's managing to work, but hooked up for 16 hours a day - fortunately desk based. He's not been able to do much since catching it.

fossyant

I wasn't off. WFH. !!!!

Or back in the office - we've had loads go 'off' but they are all WFH.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Well I'm 4 weeks on from testing positive, I started back to work on day 12 when I got my second negative test but if anything I've gone a little downhill since then. I'm generally about 90% okay but my sinuses are infected and are causing pain, plus it takes me 30 minutes every morning to cough, sneeze and hack all the rubbish out which has collected in my nose and throat every night. There's a constant mild tiredness and a slightly heavy feeling on the upper respiratory tract. Not nice, I thought I'd be fit as a fiddle after a week or so.

fossyant

MIL now has Covid. :sad:

Not good given she is extremely clinically vulnerable. She was rushed into hospital two weeks ago with suspected pneumonia and put on antibiotics, but she's not done the course as she was getting 'constipated' so SIL said stop taking them. (Constipated or potentially snuffing it with pneumonia - not really a choice.

FFS - SIL is really stupid sometimes - you must finish anti-biotics. So, lung issues not cleared up and was raspy yesterday when same SIL visited, MIL tested positive this morning. Same SIL also has a clinically vulnerable husband whose ticker is knackered - she'll be pooping herself now !

Ballcocks. Fingers crossed MIL won't get too ill, but she's already got an infection, on top of having knackered heart, fluid on lungs and now add Covid on top.

As usual, this all happens just as we're about to have two weeks off work - every flaming time ! - At least we're only 90 minutes away in the caravan, if things do get worse.

I really do wish SIL wound't interfere with medicines - she has previous with FIL on his pain meds in end of life care. Oh you don't need that morphine - yes he flipping does he's dying.

No harm to you but ....

Someone really, really, really, committed to their business wouldn't have caught Corona virus in the first place... tut, tut...

Last edited:
No harm to you but ....

It's also amazing how some people apparently prefer to remain tied to oxygen tanks or dialysis machines instead of running free over the hillsides when I'm sure they could make a different decision for themselves. And as for those people who make the choice to have appendages or even entire limbs amputated when they've been damaged by sepsis, clots, etc, well, isn't it something everyone wants to do?

What is even more amazing - bizarre even - is that someone believes they made a full recovery (from anything) because they are self-employed ...
It is as if self-employment creates some magical, Harry Potter-esque, self-healing balm or lotion, as dispensed at St Mungo's Hospital and the Sanitorium at Hogwart's ...

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
It would appear, that, so far, the approximately 300 people who have voted are far from typical of the population of the UK. Only 10% say they have had the virus, but, current infection rates are 1 in 18, ie 18%, we are told. Some poor souls must have a double dose.

Edit. Oops, think I have just failed my GCSE Maths cannot work out %ges! (5.5%)

Last edited:
Top Bottom