Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
got the variant week last sunday,a really bad cold i would describe it.Shakes shivers sweats,sore throat,runny nose bad sleep off food stomach ache,now today feeling much much better .Coughing up crap off chest,having a test tomorrow along with Mrs P who also caught it.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
It didn't get much fanfare in the media, but in the last few days an autumn covid booster has been announced. Includes anyone in the original groups 1-9.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Family wedding (niece) last Thursday (first significantly risky gathering attended since March 2020).
Unwell Sunday evening and to bed no supper. Poor night with headache (I don't get headaches) and a Monday morning test took about 10 seconds to give a solid T line. The odd paracetamol quaffed.
Continued poor appetite but a better Monday night and last night was fine. Appetite still low.
On the plus side it's a full 14 days before I'm heading for Loughton to help set up the London-Edinburgh-London registration and start, so I'll be well clear of being infectious by then, and with luck high level of albeit temporary immunity which should stand me in good stead given there are 1900 entries.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
I had it when it first came around,well just before pretty sure I caught it in Bergamo at a bike race.Ive worked right through the pandemic and so has my partner and two kids we thought we dodged it...until a week ago ! Lasted roughly a week,was rough a couple of days but pretty mild compared to the first time.

Ajax Bay

Guru
It didn't get much fanfare in the media, but in the last few days an autumn covid booster has been announced. Includes anyone in the original groups 1-9.
Yes, and I understand that they're trying to coordinate a COVID-19 booster with the annual flu jab. This is a late change of policy on eligibility for flu jabs to include 50-64s which is causing logistic and supply 'challenges'.
Covid-19-booster-and-flu-jab-this-autumn
"those eligible for a further dose will be:
  • all adults aged 50 years and over
  • those aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group, including pregnant women
  • those aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immuno-suppression
  • those aged 16 to 49 years who are carers
  • residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
  • front line health and social care workers"
Think it's worth realising that these boosters are not to reduce the spread (because of the current variant's immune evasion) but to reduce the adverse effects of the virus on more or less vulnerable individuals.

Last edited:
I'm part of a clinical trial of boosters comparing the 'original' Moderna spikevax with a tweaked 'omicron variant' spikevax, so need to phone my clinical trial people and ask for their advice, given that I'll be fairly early in line for my autumn vaccinations due to my age. Maybe the clinical trial'll offer us second doses of what we had before?
I have to confess though, as I was saying to the research nurse when I went for my most recent blood draw a week ago, that I'm disappointed I don't have built-in free 5G now ... the nurse said her mum was disappointed that she still needed to use a magnet to pick up the pins after she'd finished sewing a set of curtains, after all she'd read about becoming magnetised from it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, and I understand that they're trying to coordinate a COVID-19 booster with the annual flu jab. This is a late change of policy on eligibility for flu jabs to include 50-64s which is causing logistic and supply 'challenges'.
Covid-19-booster-and-flu-jab-this-autumn
"those eligible for a further dose will be:
  • all adults aged 50 years and over
  • those aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group, including pregnant women
  • those aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immuno-suppression
  • those aged 16 to 49 years who are carers
  • residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
  • front line health and social care workers"
Think it's worth realising that these boosters are not to reduce the spread (because of the current variant's immune evasion) but to reduce the adverse effects of the virus on more or less vulnerable individuals.
Page Not Found

Family wedding (niece) last Thursday (first significantly risky gathering attended since March 2020).
Unwell Sunday evening and to bed no supper. Poor night with headache (I don't get headaches) and a Monday morning test took about 10 seconds to give a solid T line. The odd paracetamol quaffed.
Continued poor appetite but a better Monday night and last night was fine. Appetite still low.
On the plus side it's a full 14 days before I'm heading for Loughton to help set up the London-Edinburgh-London registration and start, so I'll be well clear of being infectious by then, and with luck high level of albeit temporary immunity which should stand me in good stead given there are 1900 entries.

I'd be wearing a mask dealing with all those people. Who knows what variants they will have from all over the place.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom