Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
On the back of a restful day and decent night's sleep, my Garmin confirms what I feel like
View attachment 652040
Resting HR within 1 or 2 BPM of normal for me. Must of been lucky with this variant, just a few days of feeling like a bad cold

Different people & different variants. With the Original, back in March 2020 all I had was a mild cough & slight temperature for 2/3 days while mrs pk was in bed with covid that was medium flu like (confirmation it was covid was total loss of smell for 7 days , 7 days following infection

CXRAndy

Guru
Fairly good when resting which is what Andy’s readings are from. Not so much when exercising due to movement on wrist.

That's what I found, poor HR reading from exercise. I use a heart strap when racing on Zwift. The Garmin Fenix seems decent enough for body metrics when not moving, sleep, sat down etc

That's what I found, poor HR reading from exercise. I use a heart strap when racing on Zwift. The Garmin Fenix seems decent enough for body metrics when not moving, sleep, sat down etc

I've the Fenix 6 and my HR graphs look as good running as when I had the 3 with the HR strap.

C R

Guru
Yes to the bold bit because new variants can only establish by being more contagious than existing strains. Simple maths.

Not sure about the last bit. Alpha & Delta were both more virulent (lethal) than the Wuhan strain, so it's quite possible a future variant could be even worse.

My understanding is that there's a limit to lethality in that if a variant were too lethal it limits the number of hosts it can reach, as it kills the host too quickly. So there's an upper limit to lethality, but there's no evolutionary pressure for lower lethality, so long as it can still propagate, which is not good news for the hosts, i.e., us.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My understanding is that there's a limit to lethality in that if a variant were too lethal it limits the number of hosts it can reach, as it kills the host too quickly. So there's an upper limit to lethality, but there's no evolutionary pressure for lower lethality, so long as it can still propagate, which is not good news for the hosts, i.e., us.

If a virus is lethal and quick-acting, that is true because everyone could see what was happening and run away, or take precautions - for example, ebola. If someone in a supermarket suddenly collapsed in front of you coughing and spluttering out blood and you knew that people in the area had been infected by ebola, you'd be crazy to get too close.

If a virus were lethal and slow-acting, then there would be a BIG problem because it could spread very widely BEFORE it started killing the hosts.

lazybloke

Considering a new username

If a virus is lethal and quick-acting, that is true because everyone could see what was happening and run away, or take precautions - for example, ebola. If someone in a supermarket suddenly collapsed in front of you coughing and spluttering out blood and you knew that people in the area had been infected by ebola, you'd be crazy to get too close.

If a virus were lethal and slow-acting, then there would be a BIG problem because it could spread very widely BEFORE it started killing the hosts.

Agreed Colin, and Ebola is an interesting example because it can incubate for WEEKS. Thankfully it is only transmissible once symptoms develop, otherwise it would be an even more terrifying/horrifying disease.

A more deadly strain of Covid could also be trouble; as coronaviruses already have that capability to spread whilst the carrier is asymptomatic.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Started coughing on Monday night, worked from home Tuesday but had to sign off sick at 11. I tested positive for covid. It's the worst I've ever felt, probably worse than when I had tonsillitis. My throat feels like razor blades and annoyingly is worse just as I get into bed. This is day 3…hoping it gets better tomorrow

Well I went back to work yesterday, so it took 7 days for my throat to ease, and 8 days until I was testing negative. Apparently sore throat is the most common symptom now, but I do hope not everyone has a throat like I did, it was agony

Top Bottom