Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
I'n not letting Domestic Quarantine interfere with cooking:

1584826858392.png

Starter for my Isolated Wife this evening.

oeuf en meurette with crispy parma ham and a glass of fine Mersault - From Rick Steins Secret France

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Haven't you got 20,000 mosaic tiles to sort by colour and size?!
Too busy shitposting for that! :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've just heard that one north highland caravan site opened on schedule yesterday, no mention of any Covid 19 on the site website:angry:.
Looking at the Caravan Club website again no significant mention of Covid-19:sad:
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/
Strongly worded but polite message sent to CC HQ:smile:.

Well done for doing something other than ranting on here.

I have a static on a non Caravan Club site.

The owners have said they are not taking tourers due to the virus, but are open as normal to those of us who have statics.

I'm wrestling with my conscience over whether I should be visiting or not.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Well done for doing something other than ranting on here.

I have a static on a non Caravan Club site.

The owners have said they are not taking tourers due to the virus, but are open as normal to those of us who have statics.

I'm wrestling with my conscience over whether I should be visiting or not.
If you can get there without stopping or interacting with anyone on the way there or back , then that's as good as staying indoors.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Heard from family in Panama today. They've had a night time curfew since Wednesday and there's rumours it'll go 24 hrs next week so they've been emptying all the stock out of their store and factory over the last couple of days. The last curfew was during the American invasion and they got looted (they make jewellery). My niece is stuck at their beach house where troops have set up a roadblock and aren't letting anyone in or out (there are several government ministers with houses in the area).

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
If you can get there without stopping or interacting with anyone on the way there or back , then that's as good as staying indoors.

I agree that, assuming the journeys whent strictly as planned, they wouldn't add to the risk of me transmitting the virus or contracting it.

But as @snorri points out, the journeys would conflict with government advice.

The stay itself would also be low risk, stopping on your own in a static caravan is a solitary activity - that's part of the attraction.

But if I stayed for any longer than a few hours I would be interacting with the locals by administrative visits to the site office, or by buying food supplies, either from the on site shop or another nearby.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Tomorrow's papers full of discussion around these issues.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There are plentiful supplies of beer ( and the rest) at my local W14 grog shop.
I've been idly wondering if I'll get a self-quarantine letter from the NHS early next week.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've been idly wondering if I'll get a self-quarantine letter from the NHS early next week.

I suspect I will get one of the letters.

If it's as outlined in this story, it will order me to stop in and have no physical contact with anyone for 12 weeks.

That will be a hard ask, because it will include things such as getting someone else to do the food shopping, or ordering all of it online.

No cycling and no gossipy visits to the bike shop will properly clip my wings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51991887

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I suspect I will get one of the letters.

If it's as outlined in this story, it will order me to stop in and have no physical contact with anyone for 12 weeks.

That will be a hard ask, because it will include things such as getting someone else to do the food shopping, or ordering all of it online.

No cycling and no gossipy visits to the bike shop will properly clip my wings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51991887
The way things seem to be shaping up, I don't think we would be significantly more restricted than the general herd.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I have a fallback plan for if I have to isolate/quarantine myself: I just moved into this house just over a week ago, and there are so, so many boxes! :banghead:
Then because I changed my email I have to notify a huge number of people of the new email address, and more people of the new postal address. I think my new accommodation is going to keep me busy for a while...

winjim

Smash the cistern
I agree that, assuming the journeys whent strictly as planned, they wouldn't add to the risk of me transmitting the virus or contracting it.

But as @snorri points out, the journeys would conflict with government advice.

The stay itself would also be low risk, stopping on your own in a static caravan is a solitary activity - that's part of the attraction.

But if I stayed for any longer than a few hours I would be interacting with the locals by administrative visits to the site office, or by buying food supplies, either from the on site shop or another nearby.
I don't know where your caravan is, and it sounds a nice idea at first thought but there's talk of influxes of second-homers overwhelming the shops and healthcare services of rural communities, so I reckon it's best to stay put. Any travel brings the risk of spreading the virus.

Top Bottom