Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Coming out the other side, thanks for asking. If that’s CV19 I have been one of the lucky ones. Will be back at the home office tomorrow :sad:

I’ve used this period of continued isolation to let @Hill Wimp play with the hair clippers....

View attachment 510340

I may need to isolate a bit longer....
Looking good Fabbers. I’m pleased you are on the mend.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Coming out the other side, thanks for asking. If that’s CV19 I have been one of the lucky ones. Will be back at the home office tomorrow :sad:

I’ve used this period of continued isolation to let @Hill Wimp play with the hair clippers....

View attachment 510340

Good to see you up and about.

For a bit more info and a rough estimation of what it can be like, I now have six relatives who have contracted it. This includes one ICU admission (F, 50s), one who should probably have been hospitalised with O2sat <95%, but paramedics wouldn't take him (M, 60s), two with pretty awful symptoms but home care (M,F 60s-70s) and two with relatively mild symptoms resembling flu (M,F 40s). In fact my sister says that she maybe just had something else, but without testing we can't be sure.

So from this cohort, the older ones have had it worst, but the ICU admission was of a relatively young woman. Interpret as you will.

STAY AT HOME

PK99

Legendary Member

View attachment 510340

Good news for you, long may it continue.

I contacted my long term Prof/Consultant the other day. They were reassuring about likely hood of mild disease.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This week’s new skill to be learned is how to dye my own eyelashes.
Feeling thankful that I let my highlights grow out a couple of years ago
My friend has had to resort to getting her 10 year old to do her roots.

The benefits of being a bloke. No hair colour (mainly grey), and just clippers to do my hair.

fossyant

Third cycle commute of the week. Monday was virtual, Tuesdat was in the after 'work' but was too busy, and this morning was at 7am. Much better.

Still issues with people that are hooked on their phones - you're walking in a lovely area, take in the sounds and the view when it's so quiet. An don't get me started on the dog walker in a video call walking down the middle of a road with a dog on an extending lead.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
This week’s new skill to be learned is how to dye my own eyelashes.
Feeling thankful that I let my highlights grow out a couple of years ago
My friend has had to resort to getting her 10 year old to do her roots.
Nobody thought of such consequences.....

gbb

Legendary Member
We will have to buy some earplugs at this rate.....:wacko:
I suspect a prerequisite for renting the house next door must be some, if not all of the following...
Smoke dope.
Shout endlessly at your kids.
Argue and occasionally fight with your wife/ partner.
Keep your garden like a tip.
Their kids occasionally throw their uneaten food over another neighbours fence.

The current tenants (newish) are remarkably similar to the last ones, not as bad in many ways but the typical kind of people that make you think...why oh why did you have kids ?
On the plus side, he was trying to home school them yesterday...with torrent of raised voices everytime they got it wrong.kw

I remarked in a post the other day...our house is modest in a modest area but is ours outright, we live a modest life...but this is sometimes the price you pay :tongue:

It's going to be a long spring and summer for some less natural parents.

fossyant

I said a cheery hello to next door on my ride this morning - they are keen 'utility' cyclists, and had popped out for a ride down to the farm with their little lad as I was coming home at 8.30am Doubt they'd recognise me in my gear though. They are currently working from home, the Mrs must just have been sent home as they have just set up in their conservatory, but the husband has been looking after the little lad. He must be getting bored, as he's washed his conservatory down (first time ever).

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'm down to a cough now, nobody sat on my chest this morning. Still reckoning on a bad cold. Working from home at present, back on duty Wednesday next week as essential worker, sooo looking forward to getting out there.
I'm taking the positives at the moment. The airline industry is decimated, and as I work at an airport it's having a massive impact. I'm still employed, but as of 1st April taking a 15% pay cut to stay that way. I'll take the pain, there's many more in far worse positions now.

Top Bottom