Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Bit of a dry throat but no other symptoms , more likely to be all the shouting at my teenage lad whos only response is life isn't fair/ ignore/be a little ba****d atm .i dont like shouting but he at the goes out of his way to be annoying constantly phase.
Hope it's nothing.

Seems like I won't be getting home for a fair while yet as all Indian states have been locked down.

There was a natioal one-day stay-at-home on Sunday (07:00-21:00), which was apparently a 100% success (in what I have no idea) but with little or no warning it was extended until tomorrow. However, this afternoon it was announced that everyone HAS TO stay indoors until at least March 31st.

I, and my friends, plus the vast majority of holidaymakers here in Goa, are getting by 'reasonably' well. Take-away meals from a nearby restaurant, plus plenty of fruit and bottled water.

The local Goans (Catholics) have looked after us well, although local Hindu men and youths, fuelled by fesr, panic and alcohol, 'could' turn against us if the virus (which so far has not arrived in the state) gets a hold.

Oh well, my tan is good and I'm losing a load of weight. 😉

Milzy

Guru
Work have now agreed to me been locked down for 80% pay as we're not very busy. 4 of us in total are off for a possible two months.
However it's alarming that the rest are still working 5 days for only 20% more. It's non essential work.
Maybe in a few weeks the rest will be forced to go on the Boris 80% scheme.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've heard the government is asking for 250 thousand volunteers to help the NHS and Social Services during this crisis. Have any of you thought about volunteering? I'm toying with the idea,but all i can find on the internet are reports about it,but no info' on who to contact.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I walked past the 'launderette' i use today. They are now closed till further notice. Fearing this would happen,i did my washing last week. I would've thought such places would've been exempt from shop closure rules as washing your clothes is essential,not non essential. Do any of you know if they can still stay open and maybe the owner has closed through personal choice,or are they're on the government's 'you must close' list?

vickster

Legendary Member
I walked past the 'launderette' i use today. They are now closed till further notice. Fearing this would happen,i did my washing last week. I would've thought such places would've been exempt from shop closure rules as washing your clothes is essential,not non essential. Do any of you know if they can still stay open and maybe the owner has closed through personal choice,or are they're on the government's 'you must close' list?
They don’t have to close but they may have decided to, their prerogative. Or perhaps they have staff in self isolation.
You could hand wash your clothes or go elsewhere?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
@vickster just to let you know. I spoke to the travel agent (Hays) about our refund. Apparently 4 weeks before we are due to fly ie April 10th Jet2 will automatically start the refund process via Hays. We dont actually need to make a claim.
Pity about the £83 I paid for insurance but a minor problem compared to what many are facing.

@Dave7

You might like to know Hays is laying off most of their staff.

It's not that they've gone bust, more they are going into suspended animation.

Not sure it will have much impact on your claim, but Hays might take a bit longer to do what they say they are going to do through lack of bodies.

I think you can be confident they will do their best for you.

John and Irene Hays, who still own and run it, have a good reputation around here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51975813

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Well, I've been learning how to use a sewing machine. Obviously nowhere near medical grade, but hopefully of some use. I had no elastic so inner tubes cut as strips have new purpose.....
IMG_20200324_210036391.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Bit of a dry throat but no other symptoms , more likely to be all the shouting at my teenage lad whos only response is life isn't fair/ ignore/be a little ba****d atm .i dont like shouting but he at the goes out of his way to be annoying constantly phase.
pheglm now i dont believe thats a symptom ? dont feel ill just the normal cough up build up overnight , no head ache and not coughing and no temperature.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7

You might like to know Hays is laying off most of their staff.

It's not that they've gone bust, more they are going into suspended animation.

Not sure it will have much impact on your claim, but Hays might take a bit longer to do what they say they are going to do through lack of bodies.

I think you can be confident they will do their best for you.

John and Irene Hays, who still own and run it, have a good reputation around here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51975813
Thanks.
TBH I expected that. As its money that we had already budgeted for and spent then we dont mind waiting. So long as they keep us informed eg if they said its going to take another month then thats fine......so long as they dont mess us around.

Top Bottom