Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The horrible family below me have just gone out shopping. So they're breaking the orders already,as there's more than 2 of them and they're not from the same household!:angry: I've also seen 2 'piss heads' from the sheltered accommodation going out for their cider. These nobbers won't be exercising as they don't know the meaning of the word! I've also noticed the MOT place across the road is open. Is there a number we can call to report those who think the order to stay in doesn't apply to them?!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The horrible family below me have just gone out shopping. So they're breaking the orders already,as there's more than 2 of them and they're not from the same household!:angry: I've also seen 2 'piss heads' from the sheltered accommodation going out for their cider. These nobbers won't be exercising as they don't know the meaning of the word! I've also noticed the MOT place across the road is open. Is there a number we can call to report those who think the order to stay in doesn't apply to them?!

A garage can stay open so that's fine.

Leave the others to the police / local authorities.

icowden

Veteran
Realistically the Police are going to use their powers in areas where people are congregating. They haven't got a magic surveillance system that is going to tell them if people are breaking the rules. It relies on most people being sensible.

Reactions: C R

PK99

Legendary Member
Realistically the Police are going to use their powers in areas where people are congregating. They haven't got a magic surveillance system that is going to tell them if people are breaking the rules. It relies on most people being sensible.

Unlike China - hence their ability to close down immediately and effectively

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Ok, getting used like all to the reduced movement. I’m not one for sitting still. Going to put turbo on patio later. May also set about getting computer out in garden as well.

aferris2

Guru
Update from Australia (WA): current advice from FCO is to return to the UK now. Trouble is most of the stopovers are closed even to transit passengers, and flights are running at about $A20,000 each! Airlines seem very keen to take your money then the flights get cancelled and refunds don't happen (or at least not very quickly). Current advice here is not to travel at all. State borders have been closed and regional restrictions are likely to be introduced fairly soon. We only have about 170 confirmed cases in WA at the moment so it's much better than the UK right now. We're currently in an almost deserted caravan park on the south coast so quite happy here for the moment. Easy social distancing which everyone seems to be observing.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@vickster just to let you know. I spoke to the travel agent (Hays) about our refund. Apparently 4 weeks before we are due to fly ie April 10th Jet2 will automatically start the refund process via Hays. We dont actually need to make a claim.
Pity about the £83 I paid for insurance but a minor problem compared to what many are facing.

vickster

Legendary Member
My flights to and from Canada have not yet been cancelled but I fully expect them to be or more severe restrictions to be in place!

winjim

Smash the cistern
Got my papers through, letter to carry with me confirming my status as a key worker, to produce if challenged.

We're living in a police state now, guys.

PK99

Legendary Member
My flights to and from Canada have not yet been cancelled but I fully expect them to be or more severe restrictions to be in place!

When are you scheduled to go?

We have booking for early July but fully expect them to be cancelled.

vickster

Legendary Member
When are you scheduled to go?

We have booking for early July but fully expect them to be cancelled.
6 May. I can cancel as it’s Avios flights but if they cancel I won’t have to pay the fees. Complicated but I also had a one way ticket to Florida on 29 April, that flight has been cancelled (then I was going to Canada) but I can't speak to BA until 72 hours before the 29 April - I'm sure I'll be able to refund all 3 flights on that call

Top Bottom