Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I've come across another person who had their jab in January and hasn't left the house and no plans to leave the house the next 2 or 3 months.

I know there are loads of groups of 6 or 10 roaming parks now and it's good to be cautious but the vaccination program was never meant to leave us in this situation.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I know it's against the rulz, but park roaming gangs of vaccinated asymptomatic old biddies (or chaps or theyever) in the open air, 2m apart, are most unlikely to be a super-spreading cluster. Trouble is all the youf (and indeed the unvaccinated generally) not unreasonably see this as a bad example and an element are likely to use that to justify their own 'need' to flex the rules beyond the yield point. Finessing this dichotomy of necessary behaviour versus lockdown fatigue, and the dilemma of the vaccinated/unvaccinated divide will not be straightforward. In the same way as the answer to 'what is local?' when riding for exercise is 'use common sense' there needs to be a modicum of that. Trouble is what's sauce for the old goose is sauce for the unvaccinated young gander.:okay:
Having had a jab earlier this month, I shall not be roaming the park in a gang. I shall be riding in today's sunshine, though sucking my son's wheel, this afternoon.
Edit afternote: wheel ahead fine, till he started getting a 'bit tired' after a couple of hours, poor (strong nearly 18) flower.:laugh:

Last edited:

marinyork

There's little transmission outside, but this is something that's changed suddenly. 2 metres apart, not so much, in very crowded parks. It's the odd family or group of people that will then continue and pop inside buildings and then they'll be some transmission. Everything was groups of 1, 2 or 3 until some days ago and it's jumped to larger numbers like it did in May/June last year. For those not going outside they are probably less aware of this fortunately.

Yesterday it wasn't so much vaccinated people in the parks.

The local is simple enough, no outside the city boundaries for me, but that one will change soon enough on 29th March.

lane

Veteran
The main groups I see are young people outside in smallish groups of up to 4 and to be honest I do understand that. Plus in a week they will be crammed into classrooms 30+ so can't really expect them not to mix outside.

vickster

Legendary Member
The main groups I see are you people outside in smallish groups of up to 4 and to be honest I do understand that. Plus in a week they will be crammed into classrooms 30+ so can't really expect them not to mix outside.
There were probably 20-30 around the skate bit yesterday, albeit in little clusters

lane

Veteran
Yesterday, 1500 to 2000 in a local park.

I probably instinctively stay away from places that are too crowded so don't see these examples. Still risk outside is low compared with return to school shortly which is when we will start to see cases increasing.

marinyork

I probably instinctively stay away from places that are too crowded so don't see these examples. Still risk outside is low compared with return to school shortly which is when we will start to see cases increasing.

Sudden change this week.

The primary schools should already have been sent back and stagger the others.

I do like the 2 lateral flow tests to family members just announced. Quite a few people I might interact with in the next six months have children of school age. Going from 0 or the odd test for most people there to regular testing which is a gigantic difference.

There is a risk from schools, but it is important.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I have got to take my daughter into school for a covid test tomorrow, so she can start back on the 8th. Anticipating a negative test; she has hardly been out of her bedroom for two months!
That sounds like excellent organisation.

The local school here won't start testing until Monday 8th, so one of my children can't go in until Wednesday, and the other one on Thursday.
Oh, but they're abandoning online lessons after Fri 5th. Not very impressive.

C R

Guru
That sounds like excellent organisation.

The local school here won't start testing until Monday 8th, so one of my children can't go in until Wednesday, and the other one on Thursday.
Oh, but they're abandoning online lessons after Fri 5th. Not very impressive.
Our two daughters are in Y7 and Y9, Y7 have their induction test in the 10th, back on the 11 if negative. Y9 have their induction on the 15th and back on the 16th if negative.

I have holiday left which I need to take, so we are ok to ferry them, but the disruption to many parents is going to be significant.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Son no. 2's got an in-school test on the 11th and can stay if it's negative. He'll ride to school so transport isn't an issue.

Son no. 1's got an in-university test w/c 8th March but his face-to-face classes don't start for a couple of weeks afterwards as he'll be in an exam period.

Last edited:
Top Bottom