Corona virus threatens 2020 Italian races

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
According to GCN Tirreno-Adriatico & Milan-San Remo are postponed 🥺 Settimana Coppi e Bartali postponed too

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Last edited:

DRM

Guru
It was said on the radio today that we are around 13 days behind Italy, I think we are gradually being eased into a full shut down of the UK

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

DRM

Guru
At this rate I can’t see how there will be enough time to reschedule all these races, it will be nigh on impossible to squeeze one three week grand tour in as well as the spring classics, let alone two if the Tour de France is postponed too, bearing in mind the T de F starts earlier this year due to the Olympics

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If the TdF goes too (which I think it will) it could scupper Froome's hopes of another TdF win. It is bad enough having to recover from those horrific injuries without having to lose another year of racing on top of that. His age will be a big factor, especially with so many talented young rivals now, even within his own team!

It would be tempting just to retire, but I suppose that great champions don't think like that or they wouldn't become great champions in the first place...

DRM

Guru
If the TdF goes too (which I think it will) it could scupper Froome's hopes of another TdF win. It is bad enough having to recover from those horrific injuries without having to lose another year of racing on top of that. His age will be a big factor, especially with so many talented young rivals now, even within his own team!

It would be tempting just to retire, but I suppose that great champions don't think like that or they wouldn't become great champions in the first place...
My thoughts too, I think that this year will be a complete write off for all sports & as you say Chris Froome has his age/injury recovery against him with some excellent young talent breathing down his neck, away from cycling Leeds Rhinos Rugby League side should have been travelling to Perpignan to play Catalans Dragons till one of the squad started with symptoms, they elected to cancel going, the Rugby Football League are looking at possible sanctions against the Rhinos because they ,as governing body didn’t cancel the game, & people wonder why Coronavirus is spreading, talk about head in the sand, at least RCS sport & the UCI and ASO are doing the right thing

Adam4868

Guru
Giro won't be on this year,the logistics of organising a three week grand tour.Shutting towns down and roads,not likely.Its planned well ahead.

DRM

Guru
Just announced on GCN that the UCI have suspended the international race calendar with no guarantees that any races will be rescheduled later in the year

Top Bottom