Corona virus threatens 2020 Italian races

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Link doesn't work for me, and I can't see the story elsewhere on the site.

It may land shortly.

DRM

Guru
Works now, thanks.

I see the suspension is described as 'back dated' to March 3.

Does that mean the German lad who won Paris Nice now, officially at least, didn't win it?
Possibly not due to all the riders having been arrested as under the new french law from Saturday on the starting peloton was classed as an illegal gathering :wacko: only joking, but they were seven riders over the permitted amount.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Possibly not due to all the riders having been arrested as under the new french law from Saturday on the starting peloton was classed as an illegal gathering :wacko: only joking, but they were seven riders over the permitted amount.

The commentator said the last day was legal because the peloton had been reduced by non starters to fewer than 100.

Adam4868

Guru
I find the statement a little confusing, but it looks like the back dating only applies to qualification points for future events.

The suspension itself is from March 15 which should mean the result of Paris Nice stands.
Lost in translation ?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
ITV4 coverage stated 107 in the starting line up after all the abandons

I heard it on Eurosport.

Maybe it was after a few dropped out on the way - it was towards the end of the stage.

To be fair, the commentator might have said the number was under 100 after a few abandons rather than non-starters.

I can't remember the precise words.

Top Bottom