Coronahair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've got quite long hair,

To cut it, I just turn my head upside down brush my hair out, and then give it a trim across the ends.

Plus a bit of a face framing almost - fringe.

Turned up the right way again, it gives a reasonably layered look,

Which I mostly wear clipped up out the way anyhow.

I last visited the hairdresser, and paid for a cut - just after the birth of my second son.

He is now 22.

I wonder how much money (and time)
I have saved over the years. :rolleyes:

I'm passing this on to Lovely Wife who spends £80-120 on her hair every 8 weeks. ^_^

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Last time I was in the barbers she was telling me that the funniest times were in January and February when the guys who'd been given hair trimmers as presents came in for a repair job. She would think, "Why didn't you just stop when it started to go wrong, rather than carry on trying to recover it?"

I've been down the do your own route myself, but only for a skinhead style all over job.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I’ll get a snap up at the weekend. This is the first time in my life I’ve had to cut my own hair. I’ve always loved going to a real barber and getting a good cut. Grew up in a somewhat rockabilly household, so hair was a big thing! Trying to do a long crew cut with wallpapering scissors and my Lister sheep shears is going to be fun. I am currently rockin a very Lord Byron look

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Mrs Milkfloat has done mine for about 25 years as I cannot stand the small talk or queuing at the barbers. She has been handing the reigns over to Jnr Milkfloat over the last couple of attempts. It is a fairly complicated cut going from grade 2 up to grade 8. I do predict some pretty weird hair for people when the lockdown ends.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Bit of a non-issue for me, what little I have left I shave to No.2 myself from time to time. The girls will manage, for some reason they don't want me doing theirs...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Do what mate?

Green Grocer's

And their 'innovative' use of apostrophe's.

They're famed for it..

Mrs Milkfloat has done mine for about 25 years as I cannot stand the small talk or queuing at the barbers. She has been handing the reigns over to Jnr Milkfloat over the last couple of attempts. It is a fairly complicated cut going from grade 2 up to grade 8. I do predict some pretty weird hair for people when the lockdown ends.

Never mind weird haircuts.

I'm going all out Zombie Apocalypse, for my next foray into town.

Leather bikini, flame thrower, and taking my mudguards off.. Oh yes.

Plus two stripes of that black face paint, across each cheekbone.

No orderly queueing at Waitrose for me !!! :becool:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
DIY haircuts are a piece of cake...

I simply run an extension lead into the bathroom, plug in my Wahl clippers and strip b0ll0ck naked. Once the haircut is finished it only remains to hoover up the offcuts. Job done :okay:

Julia9054

Guru

Actually the truth is that it’s really hard to dye your own eyelashes when you need your eyes for seeing what you are doing. Took ages and I couldn’t really tell the difference when I’d finished.
Definitely not going to have a go at cutting my own hair

Top Bottom