Coronavirus commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Back on track. I'm allowed out as of Monday, and due back to work on Wednesday. I shall be cycling to work as that is my mode of transport. Unless it's really rubbish weather in which case I'll take the car

Reactions: mjr

straas

Matt
You can cycle to work and back IF your job is essential and can't be done from home.

You can also do one form of exercise per day, but with a two way commute I'd probably choose to stay at home afterward.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
These are the restrictions laid down on reasons for leaving the house
  • shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
  • one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
  • any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
  • travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
So the OP can cycle commute as the last point covers it (my bold). Technically I'm classified as a key worker and some aspects of my job can't be done from home, so on the days I do go in, I will be combining points 1, 2 and 4 as I extend the commute for exercise and get any necessary shopping on the way in to or on the way home from work.

Spartak