Coronavirus effecting your place of work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The UK wholesaler for Cannondale has just sent dealers an email saying factory supply of Cannondales will be interrupted.

The email goes on to urge dealers to order bikes from their stock to beat any possible shortage.

Nothing like trying to profit from a crisis.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
The UK wholesaler for Cannondale has just sent dealers an email saying factory supply of Cannondales will be interrupted.

The email goes on to urge dealers to order bikes from their stock to beat any possible shortage.

It does make you think how businesses will try and capitalise on this

screenman

Legendary Member

Why is that profiteering seems to make sense from a business point of view, I guess your own business would do the same.

DRM

Guru
In that case the company has cocked up because eight people clearly can't do the work of ten. But I've been in a few organisation where they could have happily reduced the labour force without impact - the worst being a local authority where my section could easily have been halved and it would still have been a comfortable job to do.
usually find they get rid of those that can do the job, whilst surrounding themselves with a lower level of management that will be sacrificed when it all goes belly up big style, in order to save themselves

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Ebco - a budget but decent ebike brand - has told dealers 2020 bikes won't be with them before April.

That could be unfortunate because they will miss the start of the traditional selling season.

Top Bottom