Coronavirus Graffiti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its even better than just the painting, he is walking towards the war memorial, which is very close by.

Yes, you're right, it is!
Very poignant

For others information, the Malt Shovel is the B&W timbered pub at the other side of CornMarket
https://www.instantstreetview.com/@53.691871,-1.312951,168.91h,-4.49p,0z

This was just being marked out for painting as I left work this evening (18:00)

It's just inside the entrance to the grounds, at the roundabout on Bar Lane (where most Ambulances enter for A&E

The guys marking out told me it's not complete, so there may be another image tomorrow?

To the right, at this r/bout; https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2740854

Last edited:
I think this one is on the side of Pomfret Gallery.

View attachment 517119

Damn!!
I was on CornMarket this morning (@ 08:10) too, heading for WH Smitns..... to find out that their 08:00 opening time has transmogrified into 09:00 - 12:00
Oh well. I'll have to go on Saturday ('long weekend off' - Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues)
I'll have a look for that one too! (think it's on Liquorice Way?)

This was just being marked out for painting as I left work this evening (18:00)

It's just inside the entrance to the grounds, at the roundabout on Bar Lane (where most Ambulances enter for A&E

The guys marking out told me it's not complete, so there may be another image tomorrow?

View attachment 517113

To the right, at this r/bout; https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2740854

T'was finished this morning, along with one at-what to us 'old-timers' is- 'Sylum Gates'

Chris S

Legendary Member
I'm not . The " give peas a chance " was rubbish . Did it have a deep meaning that i'm to young to know about ?
I'm not sure if this is a serious question but it it is ...

View: https://youtu.be/C3_0GqPvr4U

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I'm just trying to work out how a self-isolating graffiti artist can paint a train or public wall... :whistle:
In the case of the train...Photoshop?. Agree that it would be somewhat ironic for the artist to leave their home for considerable time to paint a whole train carriage telling folk to stay home (without getting busted too:okay:).

And yet another on the Scout Hut Fence (Badens Buttys) near Three Arch Bridge on Knottingley Road.
I nipped into Pontefract early this morning, to go to WH Smiths (intending to be there, waiting for it to open
So, I had a look at those 2 too

517736 517737

517738 517739

I'm not sure if this one is related, as the style/message is different
It's on the fish & chip shop, at the end of GillyGate
(senior management rented one of the offices, in what was The Turks Head, for a while)
517742 517743

Plus... this nice little one on RoperGate (where I parked)

It struck me that the new touchscreen ticket machines on the network are a perfect way to spread the virus from passenger to passenger! I'm not sure if the screens would work through a glove?
I am not sure they were aware of the risk when they built them!
I would go for carrying hand sanitizer with me if I was worried about it. Although I would have to buy some first. I have yet to remember to do that.

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
Another one, Gillygate Fisheries.
I nipped into Pontefract early this morning, to go to WH Smiths (intending to be there, waiting for it to open
So, I had a look at those 2 too

View attachment 517736 View attachment 517737

View attachment 517738 View attachment 517739

I'm not sure if this one is related, as the style/message is different
It's on the fish & chip shop, at the end of GillyGate
(senior management rented one of the offices, in what was The Turks Head, for a while)
View attachment 517742 View attachment 517743

Plus... this nice little one on RoperGate (where I parked)
View attachment 517740
View attachment 517741
I think the one on Gillygate Fishshop (the eye) is the same Artist, I didn't know about The Ropergate one.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am not sure they were aware of the risk when they built them!
I would go for carrying hand sanitizer with me if I was worried about it. Although I would have to buy some first. I have yet to remember to do that.
Certainly not the risk of coronavirus transmission, but they are also a great way of spreading seasonal flu and colds! Public touchscreens are not really a great idea.

The screens are now displaying warnings that only 'essential workers' should use the trains at all so I haven't been on a train for over a month.

Top Bottom