Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Undermining the first lockdown by not sacking Cummings for his blatant breach of it.
How would that have saved 127k lives?

It's about Boris cancelling a photoshoot of him having jollies in a pub garden in the wake of Philip's death, which might appear somewhat distasteful. Yet in the wake of over a hundred thousand Corvid Deaths, a picture of Boris enjoying a pint would have been spiffing, had Philip not died.
OK, so what could he have done to satisfy you:
Hold a memorial service every time there was a Co(r)vid death?
Or perhaps just look sad 24x7?

Or are you just saying that it's Bad Form to commemorate any non-Covid death?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
OK, so what could he have done to satisfy you:
Hold a memorial service every time there was a Co(r)vid death?
Or perhaps just look sad 24x7?

Or are you just saying that it's Bad Form to commemorate any non-Covid death?
I was simply trying to explain something that you'd obviously missed... and it appears you've missed it again.

mjr

UK Government gets caught trying to download NHS app users' location check-in history to its servers, as Google and Apple app stores block the update: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ck-nhs-covid-app-update-over-privacy-breaches

Remember, the independent Contact Diary (com.apozas.contactdiary) app can now scan UK check-in codes and won't ever upload to gov.uk itself — although you do still have to leave a phone number with the venue, but that can be a burner.

I was trying to explain the POV you were querying... which wasn't actually mine. Silly you indeed.
There you go - it just took 3 little words. Perhaps worth including key information in future comments? You could save us a lot of back-n-forth!

Then again, the number of anti-Boris posts you have made before this, well, it does cast a certain light ...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
UK Government gets caught trying to download NHS app users' location check-in history to its servers, as Google and Apple app stores block the update: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ck-nhs-covid-app-update-over-privacy-breaches

Remember, the independent Contact Diary (com.apozas.contactdiary) app can now scan UK check-in codes and won't ever upload to gov.uk itself — although you do still have to leave a phone number with the venue, but that can be a burner.
I've never managed to think of the app as NHS. It's always looked to me like the label ''NHS'' is just borrowed branding.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

The University of Warwick did not have an opinion on the matter. One academic there, not a scientist, but an economist with a long-standing opposition to the Conservative government that pre-dates Covid, speculates that it might have had an impact.
I've edited to correct the attribution, after copying the Indie earlier.

Nevertheless, no matter what evidence-free aspersions Boris fans want to cast on that author, it was far from "obviously not responsible".

https://fullfact.org/news/did-eat-out-help-out-cause-covid-spread/ calls it "uncertain" at the moment.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
But obviously not responsible for a spike in deaths or infections. Do you agree that is correct or not?
I think encouraging the public via a £10 bribe to get them to eat-in to help-out was a fool hardy idea... but that's what happens when Boris follows the science.

Any thoughts on the other other points I raised regarding Boris' decisions?

Top Bottom