Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Once the toothpaste is out of the tube it's hard to get it back in. Should have delayed easing lockdown (which was barely a lockdown compared with eg Spain) until more widespread testing was available. Coronavirus is not just a sniffle for many, there seems to be a link to post viral fatigue syndrome with a long recovery period, shown in previous studies of the SARS Coronavirus, with early signs of the same in COVID -19.

tom73

Guru
So 10,000 track and tracing from 1 June. It's just even more of a number game it's just all pointless none off this is joined up it's all top down with much of the testing never getting to the bottom. It's the local base that needs sorting and funding we need to know and deal with local out breaks. Yes feed in results into a national system but ran from the bottom. With national over view, funding and recording.
The recruitment of track and tracing is in a mess , clinically trained are not being allowed to signed up , once signed up e-learning is not ready.
Effective track and tracing is not quick phone call at some point you need to get your boot's on. As for the App it's still a total none starter.
Then we have serco who have been allowed to run the whole thing. What can you say other then even serco ran prison don't even use serco health care.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
These are apparently before and after pictures of a Covid 19 patient.

1590013185536.png

stowie

Legendary Member

View attachment 523787

Absolutely frightening.

My neighbour got COVID in early March. He is healthy and in his early 40's. He is rarely, if ever, ill.

His description of his symptons made me take isolation seriously. One night he genuinely thought he was going to die because he couldn't breathe and had constant coughing spasms. It took him over a month to fully recover after the symptoms went .

And he was classed as not being ill enough as requiring any hospital treatment.

Plenty of people just feel a bit under the weather (his mother got it as well and in her 70's that was terrifying for her). Luckily her symptoms were milder and shorter lived. But if you are one of the unlucky ones then it is absolutely debilitating.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

View attachment 523787
No doping while in ICU? ;)

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Those photos don't surprise SWMBO as a Dietitian - for every week someone's immobile they lose 5kg of muscle. That's a lot of recovery time and the photo shows he's on a PEG feed so needs a re-feeding process.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
What appears to me to be very bad news indeed: the rate of infection is stable rather than dropping.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...oronavirus-in-england-remains-stable-says-ons

If this is true, there's no prospect of relaxing lockdown at all without an immediate second wave, and it seems near impossible to have track and trace effective with these numbers, so we're in for a very long wait for improvement.

Hopefully I've misinterpreted something.

What appears to me to be very bad news indeed: the rate of infection is stable rather than dropping.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...oronavirus-in-england-remains-stable-says-ons

If this is true, there's no prospect of relaxing lockdown at all without an immediate second wave, and it seems near impossible to have track and trace effective with these numbers, so we're in for a very long wait for improvement.

Hopefully I've misinterpreted something.
I note that it says "second snapshot":
The second snapshot of Covid-19 rates in the community, taken by the Office for National Statistics (ONS), found that 137,000 people – 0.25% of the population – had coronavirus at any given time during the two weeks from 4-17 May.

So my reading is that they only have 2 data points using this methodology. You can't get any kind of trend from 2 data points, so my call is to await further data. And stay alert ;)

Top Bottom