Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Yep. That's the real sting in the tail with COVID-19. Medics likening it to Guillain-Barre syndrome. It's just such a nasty disease.....

midlife

Guru
An early and very unlucky case. Horrific.

Strange that dentists at the sharp end have not come down with COVID in droves, maybe because we wear PPE most of the time.

Trying to think back to the lecture from the head of ICU here, 20-43 deaths in ICU (cant recall which number) out of 500 in the region means that most people passed away on Covid wards, at home, care homes and not in intensive care.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Hopefully they are wrong but I reckon the tweet was fair enough but I suppose we will know for sure by this time tomorrow.

We'll find out in about two week's time.

One of the problems of Boris going on about pubs, schools and holidays is it means people worry more.

Slick

Guru
We'll find out in about two week's time.

One of the problems of Boris going on about pubs, schools and holidays is it means people worry more.
People definitely worry more and I'm one if them. I'd love to think it will be different up here when it's our turn but obviously it won't.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
People definitely worry more and I'm one if them. I'd love to think it will be different up here when it's our turn but obviously it won't.

Some landlords have worked very hard on the safety. Tomorrow may be a novelty, but I think a lot of pubgoers won't enjoy the new experience, lack of pubs open and the weather and will stay away.

I worry far more about the virus than most others I have met. I'm not going anywhere near a pub, but I don't think it'll be that bad tomorrow.

I'm much more worried about 1 metre+. Some other indoor environments are a worry too.

I watched C4 evening news on Friday night and the opening scene was of Krishnan Guru-Murthy at a seaside town to remain nameless here. The production crew framed his head and shoulders perfectly, on his left shoulder a fair crowd of people propping up a wall drinking pints, on his left the same outside the pub selling "takeaways".
So the takeaways got drank outside the pub just as though the place was serving pints on a normal summers evening. Not to be taken in by the misleading long lens view we got to see footage on the spot just outside the pub, I saw no distance, it looked like a regular packed evening outside a pub. I think many people are no longer taking the corona seriously, perhaps they will when the country shuts down completely again.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

Cold War Steve

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
'We cannot in good conscience open the pub'

None of the other eight bars Mr Whelan runs around London will be opening either.
"Some of my staff have had this virus and when you've seen them at death's door you take a different point of view," Mr Whelan says. "It's a very sobering position to be in."
Once the virus is circulating at lower levels in the population and there's a "proper track and trace scheme" up and running then he would consider reopening, he says. In the meantime he couldn't look his staff in the eye and ask them to come back with confidence.
"Nobody likes losing money but you have to have a conscience too."
Good for him.

Top Bottom