Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've had two tests, both done in carparks, in the open. Neither of these were done at a hospital or permanent medical site. Why risk taking it into such a place in the first place?

What's the difference between "unhealthy" and "poorly". If a person is unhealthy, what's stopping them being poorly.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Might as well leave the pubs open. If not you will probably end up with lots of house gatherings/parties with zero distancing and the infections will rise anyway.
Aye there's no defeating stupidity. :sad:

MarkF

Guru

classic33

Leg End Member
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/herd-immunity-is-still-key-in-the-fight-against-covid-19

I work in an area under special measures and one that not 5% of residents will take any notice of. The positive "cases" don't translate into poorly people, never mind hospital admissions. It's been over for months and now should go into flu territory as something we accept and live with before we kill any more people and ruin our childrens futures.
I live in an area under special measures, but there's no-one saying that it's over, demanding that we should go back to the way we were in early March this year.

Completely seperate health issue, epilepsy. Has had me in hospital more times than I can remember. But unless someone else has made the call, I'll try and stay away from A&E's after a fit/seizure/episode/call it what you want. As do a load of others with the same condition.

For myself, there's not a lot they can do. Injuries aside. So why waste their time. I'm willing to bet there's others who are simply extending this to the present situation.

Added this in the edit.
We've had another two deaths, due to Covid-19, recorded in the last week here. So I doubt it's gone away

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
I live in an area under special measures, but there's no-one saying that it's over, demanding that we should go back to the way we were in early March this year.

Completely seperate health issue, epilepsy. Has had me in hospital more times than I can remember. But unless someone else has made the call, I'll try and stay away from A&E's after a fit/seizure/episode/call it what you want. As do a load of others with the same condition.

For myself, there's not a lot they can do. Injuries aside. So why waste their time. I'm willing to bet there's others who are simply extending this to the present situation.

Added this in the edit.
We've had another two deaths, du
e to Covid-19, recorded in the last week here. So I doubt it's gone away

I meant "over" as something a hysterical reaction should no longer play a part in. And I don't expect it to ever go away, however I think flu is currently is taking more lives? So many people are not coming into hospital, as reflected not only in the NHS stats but also in the % increased deaths at home.:sad:

The governments greatly helped the pandemic, with their propaganda to recruit citizens as soldiers (where the virus broke out), then ship them over the ocean to fight the war for governments (spread the virus), putting them in trenches in misery, weakened people easy victims for the virus, and with their media ban to not publish the pandemic - the Morale of the troops was of utter importance. The "Spanish" of spanish flu origins there: Spain was neutral, - media was not censored there and the public got finally informed.

Indeed.
Pity Trumpton doesn't let facts get in the way. He's thick as 2 shirt planks.

tom73

Guru
So after uproar at unfair downgrading, the Scottish Exams have been uplifted to the teachers predictions.
The problem is that the 2020 results are now 14% better than last year.
So does this now unfairly penalise all previous years?
All this is doing is yet again highlighting just how out of date the whole school and exams system is. A system that still fails 1000's every year that still see's 1000's leave without even being able to read or write. With our prisons acting as grave yard for many who the the system spat out along the way. Why we are still defining and branding young people based on a bit of paper ? Which in the end shows is how good you happened to be on the day. Sadly no government or party has the balls to really change education so it leaves no one behind or going though life believing they are a failure and too thick to give education another chance.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It also sets a precedent for the GCSE's and A-levels this year elsewhere in the UK.

Thing is, in 5 years that students didn't sit exams in 2020 will be forgotten.

In five year's time the actual GCSE results will be forgotten. This cohort will be well into university or jobs or job hunting and many other things.

marinyork

I know the Terrance Higgins Trust are acting in good faith, but anyone prepared to have new or multiple sexual partner is never going to wear a face mask or follow these rules.

There's a lot of dating going on in the era of restrictions. Might be people exaggerating a bit in some cases.

The Terrance Higgins story will not be listened to. It may have downsides for such a high profile story for some who live on their own during coronavirus.

tom73

Guru
This is why covid is everyones problem and why everyone needs to treat this for what it is and not as a joke.
"I could be responsible for other people's deaths without knowing." A carer is now left wondering when did she get infected and was it her who infected her mother who died.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-53739032
Anyone know if any studies are being done on covid and survivor guilt ?

marinyork

This is why covid is everyones problem and why everyone needs to treat this for what it is and not as a joke.
"I could be responsible for other people's deaths without knowing." A carer is now left wondering when did she get infected and was it her who infected her mother who died.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-53739032
Anyone know if any studies are being done on covid and survivor guilt ?

John Edmunds sounded quite miffed the last couple of days that we aren't doing backward contact tracing and it's just a few settings where there is interest.

SARS has lots of studies from the aftermath on the psychological side.

marinyork

In these parts ^^ there do seem to be more antibody tests for health workers very recently. I heard someone who had one a week and a half ago, they wanted it positive, it came back negative. A lot of other people they knew were having first antibody test.

That's a claim you might want to substantiate. Because your series of posts reads very much like encouragement to the rest of us to do something dangerous.

No one has died at the hospital he works at this week. What more evidence could you possibly need :smile:

Reactions: srw
Top Bottom