Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

silva

Über Member

The governments greatly helped the pandemic, with their propaganda to recruit citizens as soldiers (where the virus broke out), then ship them over the ocean to fight the war for governments (spread the virus), putting them in trenches in misery, weakened people easy victims for the virus, and with their media ban to not publish the pandemic - the Morale of the troops was of utter importance. The "Spanish" of spanish flu origins there: Spain was neutral, - media was not censored there and the public got finally informed.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
I agree, but there are a number of people who can't avoid enclosed spaces like teachers or even factory workers.
Exactly this. Cant see the government saying anything that might be a barrier to schools re opening.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
So after uproar at unfair downgrading, the Scottish Exams have been uplifted to the teachers predictions.
The problem is that the 2020 results are now 14% better than last year.
So does this now unfairly penalise all previous years?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Simple answer, Yes.
Only if there's open competition between the two age groups. And, then, only if the last year's grade hasn't been used on the market, as it were. Last year's entry requirements for university, for example, would have reflected the grade level at that time. The same grades this year might not get the same place that it did last year: there will be more people with good enough grades and scarcity of places will force some of this year's school leavers out of places. The ''easier'' grades will probably punish this year more markedly.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Even if it means shutting the pubs again :laugh:
Might as well leave the pubs open. If not you will probably end up with lots of house gatherings/parties with zero distancing and the infections will rise anyway.

MarkF

Guru
There are several grades of surgical mask, the ones we wear at work are type IIR, perhaps the Boots masks are a different grade?
I was given one at Morrisons, felt it, manipultated it and wore it for a few seconds, before putting it my pocket, ta! It was way better than the 3M ones at work, more robust, comfier with a better protected nose wire. As I said months ago, the PPE I'm given sometimes seems comically poor, it says "3M " (or whatever) on it but I've never really believed it, why would "3M" put there name on something that sticks sharp metal ends in your face?

MarkF

Guru
Might as well leave the pubs open. If not you will probably end up with lots of house gatherings/parties with zero distancing and the infections will rise anyway.

Do infections matter that much? Our hospital is in BD9, incredibly populous per sq/m, impossible to social distance (not they will/can anyway) and pretty unhealthy too (many causes). It's not social distanced since day one, now a way (an obvious one) has been found to provide new "cases", yet these cases don't arrive at hospital or even telephone it, they are not poorly people.

Top Bottom