Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru

Thanks :smile: SDCEP have been quite active during the outbreak. At the moment we follow national guidelines with local overlays of more risk averse behaviour. For example at one hospital I work in dental students can see patients whilst at another they can't.

tom73

Guru
Thanks :smile: SDCEP have been quite active during the outbreak. At the moment we follow national guidelines with local overlays of more risk averse behaviour. For example at one hospital I work in dental students can see patients whilst at another they can't.

Welcome thought you'd be working to localised miss mash. Just thought it may have some new stuff that's not been bought in.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
University of Glasgow is offering to give students isolating one months free rent. They are encouraging students to spend the money in
local restaurants and food outlets. Think we've heard something like that before :rolleyes:
I think I read somewhere that they are also giving some cash. Cannot remember how much but £50 seems to be floating around in my head.

cambsno

Cant say that Sturgeon is my favourite At least she takes appropriate action when required.Boris then follows her lead eventually.

Lots of people say this but the death rates etc... are pretty much the same up there as in England, so she is hardly a massive success.

We are failing with an idiot at the helm, while Scots are failing with someone supposedly good at the helm - at least with Boris it cant get any worse!

A young friend has started his second year at university in Poitiers. Nobody has been wearing a mask during lectures. They sit one seat apart but its not good. He told me until last week it was way too hot, people had their masks around their necks. Autumn started (not the official one, the real one) on Tuesday, it won't be warm until next year from now, I am interested to know if things change with compliance then.
He says its not a dissent thing that has them not wearing protection, it is the lack of comfort. My friend makes up his spending money by working at my local supermarket Leclerc, he has to wear a mask there but the aircon is good there, it isn't at the uni. Paris and Bordeaux are going to be swamped by the virus unless there is action, difficult for Macron as he has sorted painted himself into a corner by signalling that the country will not be closed again. There is local confinement just as in Britain but its Paris that must not close. Going to be an interesting winter.

I wonder how many who have had a good few will then follow up with a house party!
Normal! When you and your mates both old and perhaps newly met but never to be seen again leave there is the siren song of a fridge full of beer in one of your houses. If I visit my local bar I leave at 9 when its still fairly sober and well behaved. The place is tiny and the few usual suspects tend to become very animated before 10, you cannot get any space when people are lurching and leaning over you. Normally I would enjoy monkey house hour in a pub but with the covid I'll avoid until further notice.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Lots of people say this but the death rates etc... are pretty much the same up there as in England, so she is hardly a massive success.

We are failing with an idiot at the helm, while Scots are failing with someone supposedly good at the helm - at least with Boris it can get worse!

tom73

Guru
Following on from post re app and people not able to enter test results. On Friday alone day after it came out more than 61,000 people could not enter their results. So any close contacts will now never know.

Julia9054

Guru
I am reading that if you use the qr code to log into a venue that there is no way to log out until it automatically resets at midnight. So you could be told to self isolate based on the presence of someone with a +ve test who arrived after you left.

tom73

Guru
I am reading that if you use the qr code to log into a venue that there is no way to log out until it automatically resets at midnight. So you could be told to self isolate based on the presence of someone with a +ve test who arrived after you left.
Yes your right that's been confirmed officially makes the pubs closing at 10 an interesting situation. The other problem is only an isolation request via a contact tracer is legally enforceable. If the app tells you you're free to do what you like.

Top Bottom