Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
I wonder who the MP for that area is?
They must be really annoyed with the government’s actions.
Maybe they should contact him and get him to bring the matter to the attention of the PM. :smile:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Sunak announces discount worth up to £10 per head for eating out in August
Sunak says his final measure has never been tried in this country.
It is an “eat out to help out scheme”, offering customers as discount worth up to £10 per head when they eat out from Monday to Wednesday in August.
Why don't they just go the whole hog and give the plebs the meal free if they catch covid under the Herd Immunity Grants Scheme for Bozos? Or the HIGS-Bozo plan for short.

mjr

At least you won’t have to worry about if you should declare your free parking.
The government are set to axe it. Happy Birthday NHS :sad:
it https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/n...risis-498590?ito=social|facebook|fb_theipaper
Heavens forbid that the national HEALTH service should support HEALTHier travel and not one-person-per-pollution-generator modes(!) I expect there are some who cannot reasonably travel to work except by single-occupancy car (too far/hazardous for e-bike, no public transport, no carpooling possible) who should be given free season tickets, but I find this insistence on blanket free staff car parking rather odd because it must contribute to the motoring death spiral seen at many NHS sites where the danger posed by the high proportion of car journeys deters those who could cycle/e-bike from doing so, both workers and patients, with obvious negative effects on public health.

tom73

Guru
I’ve just watch this and it looks like it’s new the table have screens. If so not one member staff is using PPE.
Covid secure clearly not the whole thing is a joke.
Wonder if he had to leave is contact details :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
A question about this cut in VAT for tourism and entertainment businesses. It's being reported that this cut is to help the businesses and they aren't expected to pass the savings on to customers. AIUI, VAT is a government tax collected by the businesses. Is it not illegal to collect a tax and not pass it on? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

mjr

A question about this cut in VAT for tourism and entertainment businesses. It's being reported that this cut is to help the businesses and they aren't expected to pass the savings on to customers. AIUI, VAT is a government tax collected by the businesses. Is it not illegal to collect a tax and not pass it on? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?
Retailers in the UK generally show VAT inclusive prices and aren't required to show the rate, so I don't see where the fraud would be?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The VAT inclusive ticket price stays the same, The customer see no difference but the retailer makes more profit.

If a product is £20 then the actual income to the business is £16.66 plus VAT at 20%.

VAT at 5% the retailers income is £19.04.
So they make £2.38 extra profit.

No one is withholding any tax.

Top Bottom