Coronavirus & Touring Plans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dale 1956

Here I want to go on a tour but with this new coronavirus I don't think it's a good idea right now.Is anyone going to do a trip this year?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Along with a friend I had planned a trip St. Malo to Nice arriving in time for the Grand Depart. We've abandoned that plan and put a plan for the Outer Hebrides or North Coast 500 on the table. Those ideas are now forgotten.

The best we can hope for is a glorious summer and some long day rides from home.

In my view any thoughts of any type of holiday should be off everyone's agenda til 2021. It just isn't going to happen.

Am thinking of a three day ride cross country with free camping so that i can continue to isolate and avoid public transport.
On the Hebrides thing @PaulSB i know you weren"t planning a campervan jaunt but i have seen news pieces about the highlands and islands asking folk in vans to stay away. Some have already rolled up i think.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Am thinking of a three day ride cross country with free camping so that i can continue to isolate and avoid public transport.
On the Hebrides thing @PaulSB i know you weren"t planning a campervan jaunt but i have seen news pieces about the highlands and islands asking folk in vans to stay away. Some have already rolled up i think.
Bits of Scotland are getting choked by caravans and motorhomes and many sites are shut. At least one car park near Fort William chased about 30 vans out who had set up for a long stay.
If you do get ill consider the problem that will cause in small communities with limited resources. Here on Mull we have a community hospital with two beds and currently only one ambulance to cover an island 60 miles long. We already have cases of infection brought to the island. Holiday home owners are arriving and are reported to be stripping the shelves in our coop. Wild camping is also heavily frowned on.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
@Dale 1956 I've taken the liberty of altering your title to be more descriptive of the thread.

Baldy

Über Member
Did have plans to do the Hebridean way/ west coast this spring. Can't see this epidemic being sorted out anytime soon. We'll all just have to sit tight until it's all over. At least I can do day rides from home, around the back lanes.

Top Bottom