Cosine wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AyJay

Über Member
They have a good review - 9/10 for budget wheels in the mag. Bikes Etc. January 2016 edition.

The verdict was as follows - Fast enough to put a smile on your face. A great training wheel for race heads or a fantastic first upgrade.

(looking at them myself ^_^)

They have a good review - 9/10 for budget wheels in the mag. Bikes Etc. January 2016 edition.

The verdict was as follows - Fast enough to put a smile on your face. A great training wheel for race heads or a fantastic first upgrade.

(looking at them myself ^_^)
That sounds like an absolutely useless review. Wheels aren't fast, people are fast. What is a race head? Why does a race head's wheel training wheel differ from a non-race head's wheel? Why do race heads need training wheels and whilst we are at it, what is a training wheel? Saying it is a first upgrade, sounds like there are many more to be made. The latter sounds like a wheel industry plot.

I bet that review has not a single qualitative or empirical statement in it.

adamhearn

Veteran
They don't seem cheap enough for what they are. Not saying they are no good just that I would sooner pick up some Shimano 6800's for a little cheaper. Others would suggest Fulcrum's or Zondas which are available for a similar price.

Crandoggler

They have absolutely priced themselves out of the market. Far too expensive for a non branded wheel and too cheap looking for anyone to warrant spending £600 on bloody wheels.

vickster

Legendary Member
They have absolutely priced themselves out of the market. Far too expensive for a non branded wheel and too cheap looking for anyone to warrant spending £600 on bloody wheels.
Eh? The ones linked are £240

Why should a branded wheel cost more other than the fact you are covering their marketing budget ;), it's down to how they are built and the parts used

Crandoggler

How queer. I had a set of cosine 30mm carbon clinchers come up for £600!

machew

Veteran
There I was thinking that Cosine was the trigonometric function that is equal to the ratio of the side adjacent to an acute angle (in a right-angled triangle) to the hypotenuse. But no, they are wheels

winjim

Smash the cistern
There I was thinking that Cosine was the trigonometric function that is equal to the ratio of the side adjacent to an acute angle (in a right-angled triangle) to the hypotenuse. But no, they are wheels
The trigonometric functions are related to the unit circle though which is wheel shaped, innit.

Top Bottom