Costs to recharge battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all
Just to see, I attached a monitor to the plug when I recharged my battery yesterday.
I did it this time because I had gone a bit further than I intended that day and by the time I got home the battery was totally flat (or at least it was providing no power) and I was doing all the work myself!

By the time it had finished charging it had used 0.4 KWh - as my current tariff is 14.7p per Kw which works out as about 6p (ignoring the standing charge)
Battery capacity is rated as 8Ah -which generally gives me about 40-50 miles on my new Raleigh Motus

anyone else done this and got any figures

as a comparison I did the same with a recently recelled 14Ah battery a year or so ago and that cost about 14p to charge - and gave me about 30 miles on an old Powacycle Salisbury - with a much smaller motor (180W v the new 250W Bosch)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Your calculation is about right. We have a hot tub that will use 1kwh, but it's on 24/7 and might be heating half that time or less if not used.

15p per 1 kw hour x say 15 hours = £2.25 a day is about £60 a month, which is about right. Less in summer, more in winter. Me electric jumped up when we got this, and my son his gaming PC - I recon that's £15 month at least.:wacko:

So what's the cost for a battery car ?

CXRAndy

Guru
£3.20 overnight charge cost our 40kW Leaf.

6p per night, not even worth adding up. :biggrin:

Cheap to run an EV and ebike^_^

Levo-Lon

Guru
I can honestly say I really don't worry about charging the levo.
Saves diesel and keeps me fitter than sitting in a van getting to work.
Leisure wise... its priceless :smile:

Top Bottom