Cotswold Expedition: The antidote to overpriced events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Albert

Über Member
Hi Marca. I'll be doing the anti-clockwise starting at 9.30. This'll give me more time to drive over from West Wales.

MarcA

I will be doing the anti with 9.30 start also. If you see me say Hello. Red Mercian with red bar bag.

OP
OP
Philip Whiteman

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
Generally speaking, George Barker tends to send them out two weeks ahead of the event. As I understand it, he is currently checking the route and routecards for accuracy. If you are a GPS user, the GPX files and maps are already available on the website.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Dangerously close to entering this... Got the 2 routes for 107km in the garmin...Need to do a few longer training rides so I dont embarrass myself...

EDIT: Just had a look at the elevation profile (Click the "show elevation data" box), what happens at 44miles??? Is there really a 500 foot shear cliff in Dorsington?

robgul

Legendary Member
Dangerously close to entering this... Got the 2 routes for 107km in the garmin...Need to do a few longer training rides so I dont embarrass myself...

EDIT: Just had a look at the elevation profile (Click the "show elevation data" box), what happens at 44miles??? Is there really a 500 foot shear cliff in Dorsington?

Not 500 feet BUT it's a steep bit for about 200 yards - no sign for %, but doable (just about) on my fixed with a run at it.

Rob

frank9755

Cyclist
I've just entered the 200 as well. Most likely will be on a Hewitt carbon bike and may wear a Westerley club jersey, or else a Cyclechat one!

Glover Fan

Gonna be a good turnout I think, so far 250 people have entered the entry list is at brcc.haywoodhouse.net/CotswoldAudax/Entries_110605.htm I've been following the event on twitter, the 200km event already has 55 entries!

Top Bottom