Cotswold Expedition: The antidote to overpriced events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
Code:
BCA2011_promo-img.png

New for 2011
* Routes for short events made a little flatter
Details
* New cafés on short events - less congestion
Details
* Full GPS support for all events
Details
* Fewer 'infos' and 'no-validation' option
Details
* Post-event displays and activities at the HQ
Details
* Twitter/RSS update service
Details

... and as always
* A great HQ near the M42
Details
* Choice of three distances: 107, 160 and 212 km
Details
* Leafy byways and limestone villages
Details
* Controls at cycle-friendly cafés and pubs
Details
* Lots of good post-event food
Details
* Souvenir water bottle for every finisher
Details

Click this link to enter!

Organiser: George Barker, Beacon RCC

MarcA

I am doing the 100k. I have heard good things about this event.

OP
OP
Philip Whiteman

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
I keep looking at this thinking is it possible on a fixed ! Looks a really nice ride even though i cannot ride to the start :whistle: Anyone done it before ?

There are few steep hills to speak of. If you intend to ride the 150 or 200km events, the nastiest climb is from Mickleton up to Broadway Tower which may be punishing on a fixed but quite possible. Otherwise the rest of the route is undulating with odd short sharp pinch here and there. The 100km is fairly low level minus the bumpy bits between Wellesbourne and GHQ.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
There are few steep hills to speak of. If you intend to ride the 150 or 200km events, the nastiest climb is from Mickleton up to Broadway Tower which may be punishing on a fixed but quite possible. Otherwise the rest of the route is undulating with odd short sharp pinch here and there. The 100km is fairly low level minus the bumpy bits between Wellesbourne and GHQ.
Cheers for that,like a challenge so if i get the pass out from Mrs Skud i'm up for the 200km !

PpPete

Legendary Member
Dang, already got something on that day. I don't tend to look at events as "far north" as that, but in fact it's very little further away than some of the events I plan on doing. Will keep an eye open for it next year.

Glover Fan

I have just on a whim entered myself for the 200km event. The furthest I have ridden to date is 120km. I hope I am not asking too much of myself!!! At least it is pretty much the longest day of the year, so might get back before 10pm!!!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I'm going to do this one,Mrs Skud has give me a pass out !

Albert

Über Member
Just joined AudaxUK and will be entering the 100k event. If my one and only Audax experience is anything to go by (Long Mynd) I am going to enjoy this one just as much.

Top Bottom