Cotswold Expedition: The antidote to overpriced events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glover Fan

Well the 200 event starts at 8:00am, I live in Bristol which is nearly an hour and half away, would want to get registered before 7.30 ideally so will aim to get there between 7 and 7.30, gonna be an early morning!!!

Wobblers

Euthermic
I've just entered the 200 as well. Most likely will be on a Hewitt carbon bike and may wear a Westerley club jersey, or else a Cyclechat one!

The day after the Whitstable FNRttC, Frank? You don't do things by half, do you? I have to ask if you're cycling there directly from Whitstable - it can't be more than 200 miles! :thumbsup:

I'm still pondering whether or not to do this: I did the 160 km Journey last year and had a great day out. I usually find that my energy levels dip after a long ride: any tips on avoiding this would be appreciated.

Fiona N

Veteran
Well the 200 event starts at 8:00am, I live in Bristol which is nearly an hour and half away, would want to get registered before 7.30 ideally so will aim to get there between 7 and 7.30, gonna be an early morning!!!

Not that bad - I drove from South Lakes to Galashiels for the start of a 400km event at 6am. That meant reveille at 3am :biggrin:
So I was thinking this one wouldn't be too bad just to drive down from the Lakes. But now I've got another 600km event on the Wed/Thurs before, it is asking a bit much of the old legs and, more probably, the old bum :wacko:

Glover Fan

Just to let people know that the organizers tweeted earlier that entries for the 100km anti clockwise and the 160km event will be closed this weekend as they are nearly fully subscribed.

The 200km and clockwise 100km will close on thursday. Currently 70 people signed up for the 200km event which is good! Might even find someone going as slow as me!

D

Deleted member 1258

Planning to do the short route clockwise, will be my first Audax. Planning to ride over from Coventry so it will be my longest ride this year.

frank9755

Cyclist
Planning to do the short route clockwise, will be my first Audax. Planning to ride over from Coventry so it will be my longest ride this year.

Best of luck, Dave, and well done for jumping into the pool!

D

Deleted member 1258

Just a quick question lads, whats an info control? I'm seeing them on the route at Mickleton, Honeybourne and Ullenhall.

Glover Fan

Basically, in your brevet card there will be a question about the location you are at on the route sheet, it will be something obvious like "what is the colour of the bus shelter opposite St Anns Road" or something like that. All you need to do is write the answer in your brevet card. The reason some organisers do it is just to make sure you have actually ridden the proper route.

D

Deleted member 1258

Basically, in your brevet card there will be a question about the location you are at on the route sheet, it will be something obvious like "what is the colour of the bus shelter opposite St Anns Road" or something like that. All you need to do is write the answer in your brevet card. The reason some organisers do it is just to make sure you have actually ridden the proper route.

Cheers for that, makes note to self pack pen on Sunday, if I can find one.

Top Bottom