COUCH TO LEJOG FOR PARTIALLY SIGHTED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bcabz

Having recently become partially sighted (prob eventually blind) and depressed as s result I am looking for a focus and think LEJOG On SUSTRANS paths is the thing.
I am a 53 year old couch potato, used to do a variety of spots. As I am partially sighted I need to do the largely traffic-free path route rather than road cycling.
I have s bike but it is unsuitable (v basic £90 Halfords mountain bike). Will need a better one.
Plan to start training in August 2019 for LEJOG in spring or autumn 2020.
I am off work so thinking could do it in 3-4 weeks and really enjoy it rather than 10-14 days!
I would loveto receive any and all advice on bike, kit, training, and all things traffic-free LEJOG!

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Let me say how sorry I am to hear of your problem and also how I admire you for your positive outlook. As for LEJOG in 3 to 4 weeks, my pal & I both finished it recently in 22 days and enjoyed it immensely, so go for it.
Many years ago, I knew a couple of guys on Teesside who were often seen out and about on a tandem. One of them only had one leg and he was the pilot so to speak, the other was almost totally blind and he was the engine.
Good Luck and have a great time.

Ajax Bay

Guru
OP posted, returned the next day (2 July) and has not been back since (just as well as not much comment).
Hope the OP's preparation (for a spring/summer end-to-end) is on track and his sight is still good enough to prepare and ride.

Last edited:
Top Bottom