Could have been worse.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I went for a short ride this afternoon, taking advantage of lack of rain for a change. I was following a car in a narrow street when another vehicle came from the opposite direction, making it impossible for both cars to go through. Both cars stopped to work out who was going to do what. Obviously I stopped too with one foot still clipped in when the car I was following decided to reverse. Because I was still clipped in one foot, I couldn't back up quick enough and he hit my front wheel despite me shouting for him to stop. Anyway, I had a good go at driver ( an old man ) and advised him to look behind him before reversing.
Luckily , no damage was done to the bike so I went on my way.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Lucky he eventually stopped.

Happened to me earlier this year. Except it was a woman in a big Mercedes 4x4.

Pulled out from a junction in front of me - I had to brake - into a single track lane.

Car coming the other way. She stopped and then tried to reverse into me. I shouted loudly. Useless driving.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Mirrors eh, what are they good for? Glad you were not squashed.

Venod

Eh up
Nothing to do with cycling, but I prevented an accident in a car park the other day, two cars opposite one another, both reversing into the same bit of car park, neither looking where they were going I shouted at the top of my voice, they both slammed the brakes on and were very grateful.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I forgot to say before that I was stopped a good 2 metres behind the car but even that is nothing when a car is reversing.
I got it on video but I don't know how to edit it to show just that clip.

boydj

Legendary Member
They clearly had the right idea in Logan's Run.

So you'll have a glorious exit planned for a couple of years from now?

I've decided that 81 is the new 71 - having just achieved the milestone of beating my age with my last competition score on the golf course.

I do remember being at the gym at night and
a guy left and got into his car that was in the disabled spaces right outside the gym.

Just after he got in a black car pulled up behind him to drop or pick someone up.

Gym guy might have looked in his mirrors but wouldn't have seen anything and reversed right into the side of it. Messy.

Top Bottom