could someone please check my cover letter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
right ho all, applying to a chap to see if he can offer me a bit of work this summer and i need CV and cover letter.
CV is done and dusted and checked by someone
but almost finished typing up the cover letter but having never done one before and am currently lacking anyone to check it, i was wondering if someone who has a bit of experience in cover letters and job searching read it over and just spell check it and point anything out?
please reply here or send me a PM if you feel you could spare 5 mins, i really would appreciate it!
thanks all! :thumbsup:
Cheers Ed

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
right ho all, applying to a chap to see if he can offer me a bit of work this summer and i need CV and cover letter.
CV is done and dusted and checked by someone
but almost finished typing up the cover letter but having never done one before and am currently lacking anyone to check it, i was wondering if someone who has a bit of experience in cover letters and job searching read it over and just spell check it and point anything out?
please reply here or send me a PM if you feel you could spare 5 mins, i really would appreciate it!
thanks all! :thumbsup:
Cheers Ed
I'll have a go Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I won't have time to check tomorrow, but certainly make sure you reference your farm work and the skills you have from there. Folk like hard workers - what work are you going for ?
What is the job ed? I will have a look and have some experience on the receiving end. Is it just a summer job or a stepping stone to an eventual career?
it's more farm work :smile: slightly different to what i am used to, it's a 400 acre arable farm so all tractor driving and maybe some telescopic handler. probably mainly harvest work on the grain carts
just a week or so in the summer, maybe a bit more. if i like it and they are happy with me i may return for future harvests or other jobs such as cultivating or what ever
unpaid, for the experience. and whilst in most parts of life it's fairly sure people will give a volunteer a go, in this sort of work they have to think before letting a 16 year old out in £90,000+ worth of machinery!
Cheers Ed

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well you have to tell them the driving tests you have done - highlight your family farm. Tell them what you've driven and used. Very quick I've got my license in this 'machine' and that.

OK it's going to be a bit more difficult for you given it's a skilled equipment operator and there maybe older folks with more experience. You've complicated it a bit for us, but your letter needs to concentrait on your strengths - what experience in these big machines you have despite your age !

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Well you have to tell them the driving tests you have done - highlight your family farm. Tell them what you've driven and used. Very quick I've got my license in this 'machine' and that.

OK it's going to be a bit more difficult for you given it's a skilled equipment operator and there maybe older folks with more experience. You've complicated it a bit for us, but your letter needs to concentrait on your strengths - what experience in these big machines you have despite your age !
well that's the trouble i have experience in smaller machines but only 2 minutes or so driving up and down a yard in the bigger machines like they are using! i am hoping to work with them to gain this experience
Cheers Ed

classic33

Leg End Member
@young Ed, would you be one of the trailer drivers in all of this?
Previous experience seems to be that they'll have their own driver(s) for doing the actual cutting. So your experience of driving with a trailer will be a bigger part of the actual job.

Sounds easy, but driving alongside another tractor, whose driver is concentrating on the cutting and relying on the trailer drivers to hold station alongside isn't easy. If you've done it, say so.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
@young Ed, would you be one of the trailer drivers in all of this?
Previous experience seems to be that they'll have their own driver(s) for doing the actual cutting. So your experience of driving with a trailer will be a bigger part of the actual job.

Sounds easy, but driving alongside another tractor, whose driver is concentrating on the cutting and relying on the trailer drivers to hold station alongside isn't easy. If you've done it, say so.
yep i would be trailer driving, they sold their combine a few years back as the cab seals weren't much good and the cab used to fill with air borne dust and seeds etc and now they just get a combine to combine it, so not much chance of getting in that
as you say the grain carts (chasing) is hard enough!
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom