Could this be a new record ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
In a space of about two hours My mate and I had a total of 6 punctures and we never turned a wheel.
We both found a flat tyre on our bikes one morning and commenced to repair them. First, John fit a new tube and began to inflate. Before he reached 70lb pressure, the tyre simply exploded. I chose to repair the offending tube and when I refit it, it went flat almost immediately. When I took out the tube there was another puncture about 2 inches from the first. I tried again and the same thing happened. I tried again with the same result. I closely examined the tube after that and found a fault which extended all the way round the tube. To add insult to injury, When we finally got out for a run over the moors, the heavens opened and we were were absolutely soaked. Ah, the joy of the open road .

Raging Squirrel

that can't be good at all.....i hate puncture repair!

Eddie

Suspect the inner tube was caught between the tyre and the rim. Usually does the tube in beyond repair.

Nebulous

Guru
I had a long spell without punctures and recently have had a few. Small bits of glass/stone in pro 3 tyres, reputed on here to cut up badly as they get older, so I decided to change them. Spent most of the evening yesterday fettling and managed to pinch one of the tubes while putting on the new tyres. I can't win!

Top Bottom