Could this be a new record ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by taximan, 9 Aug 2012.

1. taximan

taximan Vetus bumbolum iuvenum corde

In a space of about two hours My mate and I had a total of 6 punctures and we never turned a wheel.
    We both found a flat tyre on our bikes one morning and commenced to repair them. First, John fit a new tube and began to inflate. Before he reached 70lb pressure, the tyre simply exploded. I chose to repair the offending tube and when I refit it, it went flat almost immediately. When I took out the tube there was another puncture about 2 inches from the first. I tried again and the same thing happened. I tried again with the same result. I closely examined the tube after that and found a fault which extended all the way round the tube. To add insult to injury, When we finally got out for a run over the moors, the heavens opened and we were were absolutely soaked. Ah, the joy of the open road .

2. Raging Squirrel

Raging Squirrel Well-Known Member

that can't be good at all.....i hate puncture repair!

3. sittingbull

sittingbull Über Member

It's not nice when they explode :eek:

4. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Suspect the inner tube was caught between the tyre and the rim. Usually does the tube in beyond repair.

5. Nebulous

Nebulous Veteran

I had a long spell without punctures and recently have had a few. Small bits of glass/stone in pro 3 tyres, reputed on here to cut up badly as they get older, so I decided to change them. Spent most of the evening yesterday fettling and managed to pinch one of the tubes while putting on the new tyres. I can't win!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice