Could this be the future for cycle lanes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coco

Can't see the need for a canopy in Scotland :biggrin:

Davidc

Guru
If we had facilities like that in our towns and cities it wouldn't take long for us to be like NL and DK - cyclists in the majority!

g00se

Veteran
Davidc said:
If we had facilities like that in our towns and cities it wouldn't take long for us to be like NL and DK - cyclists in the majority!

REALLY? :biggrin: I would think it would be more like this:

Jezston

Über Member
g00se said:
REALLY? :angry: I would think it would be more like this:

Hahaha excellent work.

Norm

HJ said:
[pedantic mode]
Norm, Aberdeenshire is a county whereas Aberdeen is a city, there are two No Excuse Zone being created in Aberdeenshire, either of which is actually in Aberdeen. [/pedantic mode] :smile:
Point taken and well made - although one should really figure out the difference between either and neither when in pedantic mode. :biggrin: :biggrin:

I thought that it was referring to the city rather than the county but I must admit that the location is so unlikely to be ever relevant for my cycling pleasure that I wasn't paying much attention to the details. :sad:

NigC

I love the idea of a No Excuse Zone - I think just about everyone in my office would fall foul of it :smile: Although there's one person with an excuse - my wife can't ride due to disability.

jimboalee

It's a crap idea.

What they are doing is segregating cyclists off the main thoroughfare. Any cyclist who chooses not to use the cyclelanes and rides ON the main thoroughfare will be shouted and jeered at by the motorists.

Cyclists, by way of their presence, have a right to ride on the road, as it is in most towns and cities ALREADY.
Put them on dedicated cycle lanes and the motorists will complain more when a cyclist uses the road.

PS, You forgot to add a few Wheelie bins and ripped bin bags spilling out used nappies on your picture.

Top Bottom