Could you live with someone else's eye?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
If you only had one working eye, or worse still if you were totally blind would you have a dead person's eye transplant?

Only if it was completely different to my good eye.

I'd want people to notice, after all. It's an impressive thing to have done only for people to be ignorant of it.

Not sure how I'd feel if it were a woman's eye. Or a child's eye.

A wolf eye, well that would be coolest of all. Why can't we try that before human eyes?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I would - unless it was a Japs Eye.

Seriously? Probably not, but not because of "erk! eyeball!". You'd need to be on immunosuppressants for the rest of your life, and they are nasty drugs, leading to increased danger of infection and cancer.

I believe that the penis transplants they are planning for wounded US soldiers will only be offered to those that have had a transplant and are already on anti-rejection medication.

Eyes are just lenses and detectors, vision happens in the brain. I don't see any real problem with a transplant except for the rejection issue.

As for Gary Gilmore? I'm against using executed bodies for organ donation, but that's because of the creepy stuff they used to do in China; tissue-typing people on death row, and the scheduling the execution when they had a buyer.

No, that's pretty reasonable. Japanese eyes with Anglo-Saxon features just look weird.

12077434436_ef3e1c8a57_b.jpg

Umm, at the risk of Trampling a Subtle Joke, "Jap's Eye" has another meaning.
(google ...) you know, understanding that joke that doesn't really make things look less racist.
If you say the head of a penis looks like a Japanese eye, you are also saying that Japanese eye looks like the head of a penis. Which sound pretty damned racist to me, and any joke based on it is thus in very questionable taste.

My mother once referred to someone needed a toilet early in a road trip as having a "Japanese bladder". This completely mystified us, having grown up in a world of Mazda, Toyota, Panasonic, Sony etc etc. It took a lot of explaining to understand that Japanese products had been regarded as poor quality, and prone to leaking etc etc.

Meanwhile, here's some Milton Jones:
:laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom