Could you live with someone else's eye?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
If you do get a transplant, make sure they don't fall out, or this could happen...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
In short, YES, I'd take take a donated eye or eyes!

I used to work in an old folks home. There was a resident who had a glass eye. He used to scoop it out with a spoon.:eek:

I have probably told this story before, but I once saw a young boy (who had had cancer and had quite a sense of humour) take out his glass eye and place it in the hand of a magician after he asked the kids if any of them could do magic.

The look on the guy's face was a picture but he took it very well once he realised what it was! :rofl:

mine are green and I really am not sure about having a blue or a brown one?

It is just a pity that @colly is already on this forum, because you could have renamed yourself that if you ever had it done!!

machew

Veteran
David Bowie, and my dad had two different coloured eyes, both from accidents. But Bowie was the better singer.
David Bowie had a condition called anisocoria, which is the medical term for unequal pupils. In 1962, aged 14, he got punched in the eye by his schoolfriend George Underwood, during an argument over a girl named Carol Goldsmith. George's fingernail caught David's eye and dislodged something. David was admitted to Farnborough Hospital, where it was found that the sphincter muscles of his left eye were badly torn and he underwent two eye operations. He has an enlarged pupil that remains permanently open, giving them an unusual appearance.

Contrary to popular belief David DOESN'T have two different coloured eyes - they are both the same colour. The enlarged pupil only gives the "effect" of two different coloured eyes.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
David Bowie had a condition called anisocoria, which is the medical term for unequal pupils. In 1962, aged 14, he got punched in the eye by his schoolfriend George Underwood, during an argument over a girl named Carol Goldsmith. George's fingernail caught David's eye and dislodged something. David was admitted to Farnborough Hospital, where it was found that the sphincter muscles of his left eye were badly torn and he underwent two eye operations. He has an enlarged pupil that remains permanently open, giving them an unusual appearance.

Contrary to popular belief David DOESN'T have two different coloured eyes - they are both the same colour. The enlarged pupil only gives the "effect" of two different coloured eyes.
Fair enough, but my dad's were different colours. But then again, his rendition of Jean Genie was pants.

colly

Re member eR
I'm not sure if this true or not, but I heard there was a Belgium pro cyclist who had a glass eye. Being a sprinter he would be giving it everything in a sprint for the line and occasionally his glass eye would pop out.

Hence the expression 'eyeballs out' when giving it some serious wellie.

Top Bottom