Council have made my commute a nightmare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
It doesn't look like a very pleasant road to use on a daily basis.

I don't know the area, but I'd be tempted to take Fossy's advice and use an alternative route.

D

Deleted member 20519

I was referring to the quoted post, hence why I quoted it.

That's some solid logic.

Reactions: gaz

hatless

Über Member
I found your video quite scary, and I can't imagine wanting to cycle along there very often. I think I'd happily take a long detour to avoid that road.

Firestorm

Veteran
I was told this the other week
Road warning signs , road markings and the like are generally erected reactively
If a bend in the road has a warning sign then there will have been an accident already.
If it has chevrons , maximum speed signs etc then something nasty has happened as well

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The A548 isn't one of the best roads to ride. It's fairly busy with traffic speeds of 40 to 60 mph mainly. It's also pretty featureless and I find it boring to ride, never mind drive down it. The back roads are lumpy to say the least but as Matthews job is about 10 miles away, then its not too far. The back lanes are also lovely to cycle down, going through a number of picturesque villages. Some cracking views as well. Thing is it will take a bit longer to cycle there, but it will be a better work out. Big lights will be needed when the dark nights set in, and care with ice in the middle of winter will be needed down the back roads.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
The A548 isn't one of the best roads to ride. It's fairly busy with traffic speeds of 40 to 60 mph mainly. It's also pretty featureless and I find it boring to ride, never mind drive down it. The back roads are lumpy to say the least but as Matthews job is about 10 miles away, then its not too far. The back lanes are also lovely to cycle down, going through a number of picturesque villages. Some cracking views as well. Thing is it will take a bit longer to cycle there, but it will be a better work out. Big lights will be needed when the dark nights set in, and care with ice in the middle of winter will be needed down the back roads.
I gave the hill route a go on Wednesday on the commute home. It took 45 mins which isnt too bad, I can just set off a little earlier.

Top Bottom