Country Music Evening BBC4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Bollocks - can't get beeb4.

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I particularly liked the old toon, "Your parents are the reason you're so ugly" Ed:laugh:

You've had enough, rich, now go on home!

U

User169

you should check out Songs From the Ark on Radio Reverb.
Internet Station.. look it up.
Some awesome country and americana toons...

What a brilliant station. Currently listening to a show of musique concrete and electro-acoustic music. They've just played Stockhausen's "Gesang der Junglinge":wacko:

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I didn't have the nerve to watch it in real time, so I've taped it. By the look of the write up it was going to be pretty mainstream and not going to go into some of the stranger and seedier bits of country, but I reserve the right to be surprised. :hello:

The documentary was OK, some nice footage but like all these things cramming decades of music history into a short programme misses out lots of stuff. They did concentrate on mainstream but then I guess if you want to appeal at all putting in stuff like Johnny Paycheck's 'Pardon me I've got someone the Kill' is just going to scare people - on the stranger side they interviewed Hank III and he's quite an unusual chap, his first couple of albums are pretty good. You get to the 90s and Garth Brooks (that's country my ass!) was mentioned and that was about it The ending was most unsatisfactory and suggested that the end is nigh, which is tosh, and that Dolly was all that was left, oh well...

Watched a few bits of the Country Music at the BBC which was steady mainstream stuff but some good songs and artists, I taped it all and will give the rest of it a go later.

I've seen worse as my gran used to say by way of compliment.

Top Bottom