Couple of idiots puts me off commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lozcs

lozcs

Guru
Don't let the odd idiot on the road, or on the forum, put you off.

The majority of other road users will treat you properly, that's why the idots stand out so much.

Keep on commuting. The more you ride, the easier it gets to spot the eejits!

GC

BF+1

OP
OP
lozcs

lozcs

Guru
I really don’t know what exactly a problem here.
Have you ever seen the film “The Incredible” ? I think you are like Buddy Pine (Syndrome).

I haven't but he looks cool....

You are strong when backed up by technology. But, you are nothing when battery runs out.

Charming

You can record your aggressive cycle style and pick up every single mistake that other road user may make.
But, what kind of satisfaction do you get from doing so ? Do you download this kind of video onto your PC every night and analyse it ?
How sad are you. Do you cycle to record an idiot or do you cycle to enjoy ?

See my previous post, I hope this answers your questions.
If you want save your life, you should cycle little bit more carefully.
After all, you’re blood and flesh on metal frame. No match to a man in a car

See my previous post

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I really don’t know what exactly a problem here.
Have you ever seen the film “The Incredible” ? I think you are like Buddy Pine (Syndrome).
You are strong when backed up by technology. But, you are nothing when battery runs out.

WTF are you on about ? I think you need to wind your neck in and concentrate on whether your bike has all its frame stickers before quoting cartoon films.

Last edited:
What makes people think a cyclist is any more or less vulnerable than any other road user ?
The truth is that too many cyclists put themselves at far greater risk than they need too, while all the time blaming everyone else.

What examples are you thinking of? You're surely aware that risky behaviour by cyclists is NOT a significant causal factor in RTCs? What examples do you mean?

Linford

I've just watched that punishment pass vid, and it was a deliberate move to frighten the rider. That needs to be shown to the police, it isn't undue care, it is deliberate disregard for the rider. Why don't they do this very often with larger CC motorbikes ?....because they know that they will never lose one either in traffic or on an open road.That driver is a c@ck with a very fragile ego
I had this a couple of days ago with a local electricians van.... young lad driving it thought he'd be funny and pull to the kerb to stop me getting past..I just went into the ASL from the off side of his van. Why bother ???

OP
OP
lozcs

lozcs

Guru
I've just watched that punishment pass vid, and it was a deliberate move to frighten the rider. That needs to be shown to the police, it isn't undue care, it is deliberate disregard for the rider. Why don't they do this very often with larger CC motorbikes ?....because they know that they will never lose one either in traffic or on an open road.That driver is a c@ck with a very fragile ego

For the rest of the ride home I had planned on reporting it.

Although it didn't look as bad to me on the video as it did at the time so didn't bother...

Perhaps I should?

Top Bottom